Rank the speakers you've owned

sahlomonic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love all the speakers I own/owned....can't really rank them but I use Eminence exclusively these days.

I use the Pittbull P50E's, Legend V128 and the OEM Emi's in my Electro-Harmonix and Jet City cabs. For a while I used nothing but Vintage 30's and I like those a lot too.

• Members

Too many speakers to remember and applications to consider for me. I will say that the speakers below are what I have been loving for a while now.

Scumback M75 (standard and large cone versions)

WGS ET65's

I really like the clips of the new 50 watt WGS speakers too. Still need to try them though.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

different speakers for different amps :idk:

except the vintage 30. it's a piece of dog shit molded in to a speaker. I hate this speaker. I can work with most any other one. notable favorites are old fender utahs, g12t75's, greenbacks, g12h30's, celestion blues, lead 80's, g12-65's are grand, ummm... I know there are others. oh, and I don't like most eminence speakers.

• Members

I haven't tried tons and tons of different speakers, but of what I've tried, here are my most to least favorite:

Celestion G12T-75

Celestion G12K-100

Jet City Eminence's

Celestion Greenbacks

Peavey Windsor speakers

Peavey Scorpion

Celestion V30

Celestion 70/80

Peavey Sheffield

Peavey Blue Marvel

G12L-30 or whatever they're called in the MG's :lol:

• Members

Best to worst:

Hellatone 60L

Mesa Celestion V30s

Eminence Vader Custom Legends

Anything else I've ever played through

Celestion G12t-75...so {censored}ing bad they needed to be on the bottom of everything

• Members

I'm glad this was posted because I'm now seeking the "right" speaker for my 5150 combo. And after reading so many peoples views on the Sheffield 1200, seems most would say they suck, and only a handful like them. Right now I'd say they suck too. Maybe cause they're not broke in? But what I'm surprised to see is the rating of the Eminence Legend V12.

This was a speaker I thought about getting but my concern was it's for jazz, rock.....until I heard clips from ENdtime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was hoping to see somebody list the Eminence Cannabis Rex... I am very interested in that speaker
:thu:

Cole

I installed one in a Classic 30; a much nicer speaker than the Blue Marvel I took out. Soundwise: It's not as prominent in the upper midrange as, say, a Vin 30, but a slightly more mellow sound. I think it would pair well with a Vin 30 tho.

• Members

I'm glad this was posted because I'm now seeking the "right" speaker for my 5150 combo. And after reading so many peoples views on the Sheffield 1200, seems most would say they suck, and only a handful like them. Right now I'd say they suck too. Maybe cause they're not broke in? But what I'm surprised to see is the rating of the Eminence Legend V12.

This was a speaker I thought about getting but my concern was it's for jazz, rock.....until I heard clips from ENdtime.

Thanks man.. Having owned the combo forever and trying what seems like dozens of speakers in there, I can say I was never totally satisfied with it. Converting the combo to a head and running it thru my 4x12(x pattern legend v12 & Vintage 30's) is my favorite, but in the combo I think that combo might work great as well. When I tried just the legends in there it didn't quite get that tone I like.. Also something with big bass like a g12h30 or G12k100 and vintage 30 would work. Maybe my favorite speakers in the combo was when I used 2 Heritage g12h30 s..

As for my speaker ranking..

1. Legend V12

2. Vintage 30

3. Heritage g12h30

4. Swamp Thang

5. G12h30 70th anny

6. Texas Heat

7. g12t75

8. Greenbacks

9. Sheffield 1200( these need to be pushed to sound good.. Low volumes they are fizzy, but pushed into submission I dig em.)

10. Private Jack

11. Emi Governor

12. Emi Wizard

13. Warehouse Veteran 30

14. Warehouse British lead

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple..

Archived