Anyone remember Marlin amps?

thefyn

• Members

It was a cheap brand of German Hohner so likely there was european and UK distribution. They were pretty much bottom of the pile stuff made cheaply in Korea and costed about as much as the about similar Gorilla amps so I don't really know what's more left to remember except that such brand of amps existed at some time.

The Hohner Marlin guitars... now those were a much more interesting product. There's an incredibly sexy Les Paul clone right now on ebay costing $56 on the current bid (that deal also including a {censored}ty low-power Marlin amp). If it was a local auction I'd buy it just for the sake of exploding some corksniffers heads. "Wow, that's a nice Les Paul... wait, what... WTF?"

• Members

It was a cheap brand of German Hohner so likely there was european and UK distribution. They were pretty much bottom of the pile stuff made cheaply in Korea and costed about as much as the about similar Gorilla amps so I don't really know what's more left to remember except that such brand of amps existed at some time.

The Hohner Marlin guitars... now those were a much more interesting product. There's an incredibly sexy Les Paul clone right now on ebay costing $56 on the current bid. If it was a local auction I'd buy it just for the sake of exploding corksniffers heads. "Wow, that's a nice Les Paul... wait, what... WTF?"

Cheers. Never knew it was Germanium.

• 8 years later...

Archived