What can you tell me about the Laney GH100TI?

• Members

Very loud, cuts through extremely well and has plenty of gain.

probably a dumb question, but is it pretty good at stoner/southern rock and can it handle low tunings well?

Also, what the difference between the TI and L?

• Members

probably a dumb question, but is it pretty good at stoner/southern rock and can it handle low tunings well?

Also, what the difference between the TI and L?

Not only it can handle it, that's what this amp was MADE for. It excels at it.

The L is voiced a bit higher on the mids and has a switchable extra gain stage, the TI is voiced with lower mids and no switchable gain, but it actually has more gain that the L , it just that all gain stages are always on.

• Members

Not only it can handle it, that's what this amp was MADE for. It excels at it.

The L is voiced a bit higher on the mids and has a switchable extra gain stage, the TI is voiced with lower mids and no switchable gain, but it actually has more gain that the , it just that all gain stages are always on.

Well I guess I know what my next amp will be. Thanks man

• Members

I currently have a VH100R (basically the GH100L with a switchable clean channel) and a '78 JMP (basically the same as an early JCM800 2204) and think the Laney sounds somewhat Marshally and yet different. I like running a boost in front of each and think they're both great amps and probably would complement each other very well. I'm pretty sure Mastodon used to run that type of setup.

• Members

Thanks, top one is me and thats a fz-2>tube blower>xxl

Cant remember whats on the bottom one.

The bottom one was my Sovtek Big Muff being boosted by a DIY Lovepedal Eternity clone, and the amp was pretty dirty already.

OK, I currently play a GH100TI. I've also owned the GH50L and GH100L. Basically the GH100L is quite a lot better than the GH100TI, for most uses. The GH100TI is a hissy, noisy beast and it's really difficult to get a workable clean tone out of it.

That said, I LOVE the thing. It's loud as tits, has a wealth of bass on tap, laps up low tuinings like a champ, and generally just sounds great. Yeah it's noisy, but it's rock and roll, so suck it up.

It's got one of the best stoner/doom tones available in any current production amps, and it's cheap as {censored}. I got mine for about

• 9 years later...