That one armed hack drummer from Def Leopard vs Lars Ulrich..

FearTheVoices

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BWahhahahhah...

Anthrax is ok but they were only on that bill b/c no way Pantera was getting back together even with Mylde filling in and nobody knows who Testament is enough to do a world wide tour with. You know it's true so no need for butthurdt brah. :thu:

• Members

Anthrax is ok but they were only on that bill b/c no way Pantera was getting back together even with Mylde filling in and nobody knows who Testament is enough to do a world wide tour with. You know it's true so no need for butthurdt brah.
:thu:

I always felt that Anthrax were like comic book metal. Nothing to serious. They were heavy in a joking kind of way.

• Members

I always felt that Anthrax were like comic book metal. Nothing to serious. They were heavy in a joking kind of way.

Yep. But of all the "thrash" bands available for that kind of tour (after the obvious 3), they're the most "well-known" so it was an obvious choice. I don't knock them as they have lots of cool stuff but they're definitely on the bottom tier of the 4. :idk:

• Members

Lombardo destroyed all assholes present during the Big 4 sets, IMO...
:o

u mad brah??

Of all the old-school thrash bands, Lombardo just ripped the others to shreds. Dave is a gat-damned beast of a metal drummer. He does a great job with the Fantomas stuff, too.

• Members

Fixed. He was still two-armed on Pyromania. Guess you aren't as old or wise as you imagined....

I am well aware when he lost his arm. But a very cute and clever response. Good on you!

The point being...not many people know about On Through the Night and High n Dry. Both VERY different albums than Pyromania and the rest.

Now...would you agree with THAT? OR shall we continue to be jackasses about it?

• Members
Lombardo destroyed all assholes present during the Big 4 sets, IMO...

u mad brah??

I dont really listen to Slayer like I used to, but as far as metal drums go, Lombardo's got his {censored} together.

Some would call it blasphemy, but I'd loved to hear what Lombardo woulda sounded like with PanterA

• Members
Both. I haven't heard a lot of Metallica shows like you have, it's just that whenever I hear him on record or live he has that certain feel to his drumming. When I hear people bitch about him and then I go to listen, I can see why they might criticize. That doesn't mean that those Metallica songs aren't classics, or that his playing took away from them. Sometimes it's that character that makes something distinctive and special.

That's what I have always thought about Lars. He is far from being a great drummer but has a character about his playing that works with Metallica. Metallica have used a few different/better drummers live when Lars was sick and while those drummers were way better technically and timing wise it just didn't sound like Metallica. IMO they didn't sound as good without Lars. :idk:

• Members

{censored}, Charlie & Dave both seem to do a pretty fair job of drumming.. ??

but Lars?? {censored}, who cares if he can drum or not, hes a penis-breath d-bag.

Why do so many here think Lars is a douche? Is it all because of the Napster thing? I personally have never heard of him doing or saying anything that would make people dislike him.

• Members

Anthrax pwned the big 4 stage, but the drummer is no dave.

Really? Dave is more versatile, perhaps, but Benante is a bloody beast in his own right. Not only is he tight as a dolphins cunny, but he comes up with some pretty out-of-the-box {censored} too.

Though if there IS somebody who could outdrum Charlie, Dave would definitely be it, but there approaches are so different it's apples and oranges. I guess a simpler way to look at it is, Dave could more than likely play anything Charlie does. Charlie, may or may not be able to do the same vice versa....but hard to really say.

Y'know who's a beastly drummer who doesn't get any love anymore? Richard Christy. I really wish that guy made drumming priority over his antics with Stern (bloody hilarious as they are!). But now we're getting way off topic here.

Archived