Value Question: B-52 AT412A 4x12 cab

Ovid9

• Members

:idk:
The reviews I'm finding are mixed. :/

Not worth trying to make a trade try to happen.

Im not super up on them but the little i remember about them people have said its a decent cheapo cab, better than say MG cabs or the like.

If its super cheap it might be worth it, but your Mesa would sound better.

• Members

Im not super up on them but the little i remember about them people have said its a decent cheapo cab, better than say MG cabs or the like.

If its super cheap it might be worth it, but your Mesa would sound better.

Yeah, the Mesa kinda has me spoiled. Its going to take a pretty nice cab to sound better than that.

I'm in a "get pointlessly loud stuff just cause" mode. :facepalm:

So, in a sense, you just saved me money I didn't need to spend anyway. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, the Mesa kinda has me spoiled. Its going to take a pretty nice cab to sound better than that.

I'm in a "get pointlessly loud stuff just cause" mode.
:facepalm:

So, in a sense, you just saved me money I didn't need to spend anyway.
:thu:

Everybody gets in that mode once. I was just planning on building a 6x12 to go with my 2x15, 2x12 120w combo and 2x12 g-flex to practice with.

• Members

The B-52 AT412 straight cab was my first guitar cabinet. It was bad ass and I kind of miss it actually. drove like two hours to pick an almost brand new one for $80 bucks and ended up selling it 9 months later for $200.

Honestly the construction of the cabinet was great. Little bit over sized like a Mesa OS but not overbearing with bass because the speakers were their brand; knock off Eminence? IMO they're better built than the regular 1960 marshall cabs, just the speakers aren't the smoothest in the high end and they're a bit flat sounding.

The videos in my sig are all through that B-52 cab and I wouldn't mind owning another if the price was right!

No worries though, they seem to pop up for sale every now and then. It's the all black cabs with MDF and ports that are the crappy ones. The AT-412 and ST-412 cabs are awesome.

• Members

The B-52 AT412 straight cab was my first guitar cabinet. It was bad ass and I kind of miss it actually. drove like two hours to pick an almost brand new one for $80 bucks and ended up selling it 9 months later for $200.

Honestly the construction of the cabinet was great. Little bit over sized like a Mesa OS but not overbearing with bass because the speakers were their brand; knock off Eminence? IMO they're better built than the regular 1960 marshall cabs, just the speakers aren't the smoothest in the high end and they're a bit flat sounding.

The videos in my sig are all through that B-52 cab and I wouldn't mind owning another if the price was right!

No worries though, they seem to pop up for sale every now and then. It's the all black cabs with MDF and ports that are the crappy ones. The AT-412 and ST-412 cabs are awesome.

Good to know wookieslayer. Judging by this thread, the price is way too high and since I don't need it anyway not even gonna mess around with it.

• Members

I have a beat to {censored} AT cab and for a cheapo it certainly could be worse. Considerably better than the MG marshall stuff.

It's no mesa or other well built cab with v30s though. Definitely muddier than my v30 cab. More than good enough for practice purposes though.

• Members

:lol:

Oh man...dont you have a mesa 212? You dont need another cab. You are sounding like me a year ago.

:D

Hey, this thread really helped me with my moronic 4x12 desire. I also started thinking about trying to get one down my basement stairs without dying and its possible to do....but not easy.

Archived