Help decide which used speakers to buy.

polarnewfie

• Members

A guy I know is selling some used stereo speakers (floor model) and I desperately need a set , (I use a stereo to practice playing drums along with)

Anyhow, the 2 speaker sets are similar in size but one is a Toshiba CS70 set with a 24"(H)x12"(W)x 10"(D) cherry colored cabinet

The other is a set of POLK Audio monitor series 2 speakers with 26" highx13" wide x 10" deep. These are used but work great, and he is asking $50 bucks for either pair. If you had to choose between either, which would you choose?

• Members

If you can, listen to both of them playing from the same source and see which one you like better. From your description it sounds like the Toshibas are hi-fi speakers and the Polks are more of a monitor, so they aren't going to sound the same.

Though from the known information I would also get the Polks...

• Members

I hooked them both up to my stereo and the Toshiba's actually sounded crystal clear, whereas the Polks had a real "bassy" tone with the same settings. The Treble's were not too clear. They became alright with alot of manipulation of the eq. BUT, I actually liked the Toshiba's and bought them. I have heard that polks are great quality, but the Toshiba's were actually pretty high end (at least this model was, the speakers were great)

So thanks to all for your responses

Archived