JJ 6CA7's in the JVM: HOLY SH%T!!

doomsdaymachine

• Members

nice man! took them out of my old Hammond M3. replaced the ones in the hammond with cheap chinese ones.

why did you chose GE over stock, they just sound better IMO hands down no doubt hahahah?

even on ebay prices, the GE tubes ive seen altough ive never bought are considerably less expensive compare to Philips or Telefunken.

you have to go against HiFi heads for Mullard/Amperex/Tellefunkin so the price is unreal, GE sound really good but the hifi guys would rather superglue smokinbuds in their ears than use GE/Sylvania. The store's owner is a total curmudgeon who WILL NOT sell stuff online, he regularly pulls vintage Telefunkin 12ax7s from signal generators and sells them for $5, but I have missed all of them.

• Members

not at R5D3, but I had to listen to Bob (the proprietor) tell a TON of off color stories before these came in. People DUMPED audio tubes in the 1970's and some collected them.

6550.jpg

dude where is this. dude you lucky bastard.

dude i need some kt66! i live in california, i see myself going to Oregon on a pilgramige for shrooms, tubes, and poon!

• 8 years later...
  • Members
On 12/23/2011 at 6:59 PM, magh8 said:

hmmm this is the second time I have heared this...I hate the kt77 every amp I have tried them in maybe I'll try the 6ca7's in my mKV at some point

I'm trying to understand what you said, but it looks like it's missing punctuation and is a run-on sentence..

Archived