Who makes a dead on hiwatt dr-103 clone or kit?

lealand987

• Members

loud as hell is my bag; my two main amps are an ampeg v4 and a jcm 900 SLX(both up there on the loud scale, especially the v4)

cieratone w/ upgraded trannies is looking like the best option so far

my brother is an aspiring amp builder and is constantly looking for projects(even as they pile up) so i just might have to make one of these suckers happen

louuuuud and chimey/a good pedal pallette amp is exactly what i've been wanting lately. v4 is too picky with pedals/reacts not how i'd expect a lot of the time haha

I've got a V4 as well, nice amps. the 103 is louder than the 900 and V4, pretty sure it's because of those Partridge trannys.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Trinity Amps - TRIWATT. It's an outstanding kit (also can be purchased as a complete amp). Very high quality parts, high spec transformers, supplied with schematic, layout and clear instructions, and most importantly it sounds great. It's a 22 watt version of the DR103, which means I can (and do) gig with it running at a high enough volume to push the power tubes. Try that with an original DR103 and you'll need a stadium to play in!

I'm not an engineer and during the build I had a couple of questions. I received prompt and excellent support from Stephen Cohrs, and I'm happy to recommend Trinity to anyone. Outstanding product, and it is now my gigging amp.

Archived