Deluxe Reverb 2x10 Speaker Reccomendation?

• Members

Hey folks,

I want to convert my deluxe reverb reissue into a 210 combo. Found a baffle online and now i need to pick out some speakers.

Found a few threads out there but nothing really definitive. For me its more about the spread of sound more than anything. I don't mind the sound of the speaker that is in there now. I'm not very picky. Nothing that will make the amp louder. Headroom isn't really a big issue one way or the other unless there will be a huge difference.

Not really looking to drop a ton of money, but i dont want crap either. around the 200-250 range for total of 2 speakers.

Sorry i cant be more specific.. what do you all think?

• Members

I think a pair of Eminence Legend 1058's would work. They have the classic Fender toanz and they fit your budget.

What ohm load does your amp want to see? I ain't gots no idea on the newer ones. Old ones were, IIRC, 4 ohm which would mean parallel wiring. If it wants an 8 ohm load a pair of the same in 16 ohm (10516) wired in parallel will get ya there.

• Members

i dont really know honestly. Ive had a ton of different amps and each amp has been so different or the cab combination is different that ive never really been able to tell the difference between speakers. I usually attributed the changes in sound to the other variables. There is nothing in particular that i am missing from my sound now. Maybe a little tighter low end, but thats about it.

• Members

i actually just emailed jensen/filled out that thing saying what you want out of a speaker and they make a recommendation, so we will see what they see! I was checking out some of the jensen models. another option for sure

• Members

I'd go the Weber route and go for one 12F150H and one Chicago 10.

This is based on using the 12" versions though. No real experience with 10s other than various stock speakers in Silverface and Reissue Fender 2x10 and 4x10 combo amps.

• Like 1
  • Members

I'd go the Weber route and go for one 12F150H and one Chicago 10.

This is based on using the 12" versions though. No real experience with 10s other than various stock speakers in Silverface and Reissue Fender 2x10 and 4x10 combo amps.

Webers are excellent.

I think their huge option set is a little intimidating for some folks.

• 8 years later...
  • Moderators

obviously you have not been looking very hard...a quick google search for '2x10" baffle for 65 deluxe reverb' came up with this and several others...btw, this thread dates back to 2012, and the OP, Josh has not posted here since November 2017.

• Like 1
  • Members

My very first amp was a MusicMan 210 HD 65.

It was a bit harsh and I had it for about 5 years. I ended up selling for the last of the silver face push/ pull master volume Twin Reverbs. The new Twin cost me  125 buck, plus the MusicMan amp.

I still have the Twin. It's in killer condition.

Those late Paul Rivera designed Push Pull  125 watt Twins ain't worth much. 

• Like 1
  • Members
9 hours ago, daddymack said:

obviously you have not been looking very hard...a quick google search for '2x10" baffle for 65 deluxe reverb' came up with this and several others...btw, this thread dates back to 2012, and the OP, Josh has not posted here since November 2017.

I looked too and couldn't find anything beyond old Reverb listings so don't blame stratogib. BTW, that's a full cab you linked, $200+ shipped. He just wants the baffle and there aren't any eBay listings for those.

There are a ton of custom guitar cabinet builders out there, or at least there used to be. I suspect that more than a few would be willing to cut you a 2x10 baffle to use with a Deluxe if you asked them... just type in "custom guitar cabinet" on Google and you'll see a large list of people who may be willing to make exactly what you want. :)

You might need to provide them with the exact dimensions of the baffle you need, and if you do, make sure that you - and the builder - take into consideration the speaker placements so that the backs of them "clear" everything else inside the amp...