Show me some 1x12 or 1x10 cab layouts.

• Members

I am making a 2 1x10" cabs out of 3/4" pine with 1/2" speaker baffle. What did you want for specs? Mine are going to look like this:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1972944&page=2

That looks pretty cool, I think ill subscribe to it. I didnt get anywhere near reading any of it but, about how much $ would the wood cost? and wtf is a speaker baffle :freak:

and yea, I'm mostly looking for some measurements and maybe the best way to put it together. I hear that the construction of the cab can be detrimental to the sound of the amp, so I want to do it right if I do it at all.

• Members

I got bored and made my own layout in photoshop.

speakerdimensionscopy.jpg

am I going to get the mad tonez out of this or should I switch it all up? I plan on staining the wood. It's 3/4" wood like mikeman said. I'm not sure how I'm going to screw it all together. I wont be making any type of special wood connecter dove tail things because I dont have that skill.

I guess the back is going to be open unless you can convince me otherwise. What should I change? What do you like?

I guess before I commit to anything, what size is the Gilmore Jr. chassis from side to side and front to back? Hopefully Mr. Richard Guy comes back here :D

• Members

I got bored and made my own layout in photoshop.

I plan on staining the wood. It's 3/4" wood like mikeman said. I'm not sure how I'm going to screw it all together. I wont be making any type of special wood connecter dove tail things because I dont have that skill.

If you want to stain it, you can screw and glue the cabinet, but you will want to countersink the screw holes and use a wood plug to cover the screw holes. Just sand it well and then you can stain it and it looks pretty cool with the plugs.

• Members

So far I bought 2 60"x8"x3/4" pine boards @~$11.98 each and 1 48"x8"x3/4" @~$7 and a 2'x4'x1/2" fir plywood for $9.50 along with 2 8'x1"x1" cedar for holding all the plywood on. The speaker baffle is the plywood that goes on the front of the cab and you screw the speaker and grill cloth to it. I glued and screwed the corners together and will nail and glue the 1x1 strips to the sides. I then will spray paint the inside and corners black and tolex the whole thing. I am going with black for most of the cab with a blue above the speaker. I decided to go with plate above the grill cloth for looks. I like that look better than a plain square box.

Here is my pic with dimensions added to it. (the one measurement should be 17.5" for the height)

1x10_cab_specs.jpg

• Members

So far I bought 2 60"x8"x3/4" pine boards @~$11.98 each and 1 48"x8"x3/4" @~$7 and a 2'x4'x1/2" fir plywood for $9.50 along with 2 8'x1"x1" cedar for holding all the plywood on. The speaker baffle is the plywood that goes on the front of the cab and you screw the speaker and grill cloth to it. I glued and screwed the corners together and will nail and glue the 1x1 strips to the sides. I then will spray paint the inside and corners black and tolex the whole thing. I am going with black for most of the cab with a blue above the speaker. I decided to go with plate above the grill cloth for looks. I like that look better than a plain square box.

Here is my pic with dimensions added to it. (the one measurement should be 17.5" for the height)

1x10_cab_specs.jpg

Thats really cool, thanks! I read your other thread BTW and it all looks good :D

I dont recall seeing if you are going to make it open or closed or convertible back? I hear 1xanything sounds best open back but what is your opinion?

• Members

Here is a photo of a set-up from a few years ago. I had a Champion 110 amp that just sounded small, so I made the box, covered it with vinyl from a fabric store and put an Eminence 12" speaker in it. It sounded veeeeeeery

loud and full. It was my main amp until I got a Vox AD50VT, and I still like it.

Archived