Mojo needed....

MattACaster

• Members

Lost my best friend last night. Symon.

ce1ba3b3.jpg

He's had kidney issues for the last year but it never really seemed to slow him down. Woke up this morning with him curled up under the covers next to me, dead. :cry:

He is still laying there. I'm trying to work up the nerve to go bury him.

He was a great cat. Always met me at the door when I'd get home from work. Loved curling up on the couch with me when I'd watch TV. Always slept in bed with me every night. Its hard to imagine life without him around.

Since he was a rescue, I don't know for sure how old he was. I think its somewhere around 11 to 12 years. When I went to the shelter some 6-7 years ago looking for a cat, I was going to get a female kitten. While looking at another cat across from his cage, I felt something poling me in the back. It was him reaching through the bars. I let him out and played with him for like 30 second and that was all it took. He was the one. I like to think he has a good life while he was with me.

RIP - Symon

Best. Cat. Ever.

f9a23e83.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

Photo-0077.jpg

• Members

Steal moments from the sadness to smile for the rich, wonderful life you gave him; and he you. The special friendship / love affair we have with our pets defies, and is not served well by the english language. Mojo sent. :cry:

• Members

Mojo sent Matt! I am sure that it was hard to find him but I find it nice that he wanted to be with you when he passed. I have too often had to make the decision for my pets and I always wondered how it would have been had they chosen their time. Unfortunately, mine always got to a point where waiting and watching was worse than helping them along.

• Members

Mojo sent dude. Cats are awesome and once they become part of your soul, it's hard to live without them. Awesome for getting a rescue cat. Thing will be better bro. I dont know what I would doing something happened to my pup Mojo!! Take care bro!!

• Members

... While looking at another cat across from his cage, I felt something poling me in the back. It was him reaching through the bars. I let him out and played with him for like 30 second and that was all it took. He was the one.

You did it right. :thu:

I've always believed we should let our pets pick us. After we lost our 17 year old kitty :cry: and finally felt like getting a new kitty :) we went to shelter after shelter, looking for a rescue to pick us. We saw lots of adorable candidates, some that we immediately had 3 names for, but not one that was saying "zomg, there you are!! I love you man, let's go".

It took a couple months but we found one, a rescue we named Annie (she was orphaned when she was just a couple days old). She's awesome and still a smitten kitten (tho now an adult). A sweet kitty pic to warm teh heart:

2i6crrm.jpg

• Members

Man, that's rough. Major mojo sent.

I'm going to lose it when my cat dies.

At least you know that the last 6-7 years is time that he never would have had if you hadn't saved him, and it sounds like he did a good job of making it worth your time.

Again, mojo.

• Members
You did it right.
:thu:

I've always believed we should let our pets pick us. After we lost our 17 year old kitty
:cry:
and finally felt like getting a new kitty
:)
we went to shelter after shelter, looking for a rescue
to pick us
. We saw lots of adorable candidates, some that we immediately had 3 names for, but not one that was saying "zomg, there you are!! I love you man, let's go".

It took a couple months but we found one,
a rescue we named Annie
(she was orphaned when she was just a couple days old). She's awesome and still a smitten kitten (tho now an adult). A sweet kitty pic to warm teh heart:

2i6crrm.jpg

Cute kitty. Reminds me of our Mojo. My vet friend found him for us. We did not shop around. We met him, loved him and adopted him. He is young and pretty wild (sweet in the morning and evening but he plays hard...likes to attack bare legs, arms and feet). :mad:

IMG_6518.jpg

• Members

Cute kitty. Reminds me of our Mojo. My vet friend found him for us. We did not shop around. We met him, loved him and adopted him. He is young and pretty wild (sweet in the morning and evening but he plays hard...likes to attack bare legs, arms and feet).
:mad:

IMG_6518.jpg

awesome kitteh is awesome :thu:

• Members

Thanks everyone for the kind words. A friend came over and she helped me wrap him him (we used one of my old Social Distortion t-shirts :lol:) and dig a hole for him. We put a couple of flagstones on top and she put a little plant in the center for him. Looks really nice.

Took the day off work. Having a beer and a cigar on my back porch now in tribute to my little buddy. :thu:

Archived