Epic NGD!!!!!

MattACaster

• Members

Or at least epic in my opinion...

IMG_20120510_115906.jpg

Fender Silverburst Modern Player Strat :love:

Haven't plugged it in yet. At work so just got to take it out of the box and jam on it a bit. So far, I LOVE IT!!! The neck shape and finish is perfect for me. Reminds me of my beloved '99 Big Apple Strat.

The guitar feel great overall. It's got some weight but not too heavy. The frets don't stick out at all. Way beyond what I was expecting to an MIC Fender. I'm not exaggerating at all when I saw this is comparable to both of my MIA Strats. The toggle switch feels solid as well. The only thing I'm not sure about is the pots but time will tell on that one. Not sure about the pickups either but I have a Rio Grande BBQ Bucker that I think I'm going to drop into this.

I think I'm going to have to check out more of the Modern Player series because I am already 100% in love with this guitar.

And thank again to Loop for the awesome deal on it!!!

• Members

Nice!!! I ran into a silverburst strat at a local shop one time that was sick looking. I wanted it so bad but didnt have the cash at the time. I have been looking into those modern player tele's. I have heard really good things about the modern players line :thu:

• Members

Nice!!! I ran into a silverburst strat at a local shop one time that was sick looking. I wanted it so bad but didnt have the cash at the time. I have been looking into those modern player tele's. I have heard really good things about the modern players line
:thu:

Dude, if this guitar is a good example of the quality of the Modern Player line, then I wouldn't hesitate at buy more of them at all. I am completely blown away by how this thing feels.

• Members

Silverburst Tele now a Silverburst Modern Player Strat.

My wallet's crying, {censored} YOU FENDER!!!! :cry:

Oh, and congrats Matt! I've only heard Rio Grande single coils on a Strat (not sure of what model), but that would probably be a great choice since what I heard from those SCs were pretty rad!

• Members

Silverburst Tele now a Silverburst Modern Player Strat.

My wallet's crying, {censored} YOU FENDER!!!!
:cry:

Oh, and congrats Matt! I've only heard Rio Grande single coils on a Strat (not sure of what model), but that would probably be a great choice since what I heard from those SCs were pretty rad!

Here is a little vid of K-Bizzle jamming on PlayboyChris' Strat loaded with a BBQ Bucker...

jhiBmrCAASY

• Members

I like the setup, hss. But, I'm beginning to feel like Nerine here, I really don't like the Silver burst except on a Les Paul.. It just looks like someone spray painted the edges black on this.. Same thing when I see the sb Teles.. I'd prefer a larger more gradual burst.. As it is, its silver then a dark black edge... Just looks off to me..

The pick guard actually helps make it more tolerable..

But congrats.!

Lol, sorry I suck

• Members

I like the setup, hss. But, I'm beginning to feel like Nerine here, I really don't like the Silver burst except on a Les Paul.. It just looks like someone spray painted the edges black on this.. Same thing when I see the sb Teles.. I'd prefer a larger more gradual burst.. As it is, its silver then a dark black edge... Just looks off to me..

The pick guard actually helps make it more tolerable..

But congrats.!

Lol, sorry I suck

Yeah, it is different than the way Gibson does it and I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Archived