Best pedal platform amp

kimanistar

• Members

Twin or Deluxe

If you reallly need the extra ooph, maybe a Bassman or something.

/thread

I'd say most Fenders in general take really well to effects. Twin's kick ass. Windex clean. One of my teachers from school uses one for his gigs. He has this sick midi board he runs through it with 5 pedals off to the side on his floor board. He plays a lot of jazz fusion, so he needs to be able to call on a good grit every now and then but he usually kept it clean from what I remember.

Either way, man, you can't really go wrong with a good Fender. They're known for a good, loud, clean tone. I'd say a Twin would give you enough head room for just about anything you toss into it.

BTW, I'm drunk. Nice to meet you.

• Members

I'd say most Fenders in general take really well to effects. Twin's kick ass. Windex clean. One of my teachers from school uses one for his gigs. He has this sick midi board he runs through it with 5 pedals off to the side on his floor board. He plays a lot of jazz fusion, so he needs to be able to call on a good grit every now and then but he usually kept it clean from what I remember.

Either way, man, you can't really go wrong with a good Fender. They're known for a good, loud, clean tone. I'd say a Twin would give you enough head room for just about anything you toss into it.

BTW, I'm drunk. Nice to meet you.

I was thinking about a HRD.I was also thinking about a Mesa 5:50.What do u think?Nice 2 meet u 2 btw.

• Members

I was thinking about a HRD.I was also thinking about a Mesa 5:50.What do u think?Nice 2 meet u 2 btw.

I had a Mesa Express 5:50 for a bit, it handled pedals well but I really wasn't a huge fan of the amp, very generic sounding with hiss on the clean channel. My first choice would be a Traynor YGL Mark III (like an improved Fender Twin) or a Traynor YBA-1 (Bassman/JTM style amp).

• 7 years later...
  • Members
14 hours ago, MichaelWil said:

The best pedal platform amps should produce a clean, solid tone, offer plenty of head room, and have easy-to-use controls with plenty of features. Listen to the amplifiers that are presented in the review https://stereodamage.com/best-pedal-platform-amp-reviews-and-buyers-guide/

I get my best tones through a SS front end. Still, the real juice with most ODs comes from interacting with tubes and transformers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The best I've tried is the clean channel on The Countess (by Victory Amps). You can buy this as a pedal pre-amp if you don't need the power amp section (and simply go into your amp's fx loop to bypass your amp's preamp). This clean channel is thicker and slightly warmer than the Fender recommendations, resulting in a nice full sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived