Anyone else feeling safer?

nexbot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, you can't disprove it, can you? Must be true then.

It's just an opinion.

Reagan was the most pro-America, pro-Constitution President in my lifetime & he knew exactly how bad things can get if we keep lowering the bar & compromising on what's important.

• Members

It's just an opinion.

Reagan was the most pro-America, pro-Constitution President in my lifetime & he knew exactly how bad things can get if we keep lowering the bar & compromising on what's important.

I'm pretty sure that all of our presidents have held America and the constitution in high regard. What you are really saying is that Reagan saw these things in a way most similar to the way that you see them, i.e. that you agree with him. That is all. It's just fancied up a bit with some loaded terms.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that all of our presidents have held America and the constitution in high regard. What you are really saying is that Reagan saw these things in a way most similar to the way that you see them, i.e. that you agree with him. That is all. It's just fancied up a bit with some loaded terms.

I don't think that Carter, either of the Bushes, & especially Obama give a {censored} about the Constitution.

• Members

o hi welcome to City 17

Man, that was my first thought when I heard this.

My second thought was that I hated MAVs in BF3 already; I'd hate them even more if they were flying around everywhere I went.

• Members

I don't think that Carter, either of the Bushes, & especially Obama give a {censored} about the Constitution.

I just have no idea what you're basing that opinion on, but I strongly disagree. I'm more inclined to think that all of them have different interpretations of the constitution and think that they are acting within its boundaries. I think the same thing about Reagan. But, I don't think that they just simply don't care about it.

• Members

You all know what happened a long time ago when the people got sick of {censored}???

ARTitle.jpg

Two major reasons this will never happen again:

1- no matter how well armed a citizen can be, the government will always have bigger better toys. Back during the revolution, {censored} was a fairly level playing field, in terms of technology and weapons. Not so now. And I used to say that if there ever WAS another revolution, it'd be more in the digital arena, than actual warfare, cuz at least with white-hat hackers and ingenuity, us civilians may have stood a chance...but I think that's no longer even an option.

2- Let's face it....some of us, many of us even, are aware of the freedoms slowly slipping away from us, but a large majority are just too blind and pacified by media to see it, let alone do anything about it. Think that's just circumstance? I don't. Through media, and advertising, big corporations (who we all know are the ones REALLY calling the shots in the Capitol), over the last few generations they've slowly bred a perfect little, dumbed down, self-entitled, oblivious consumer culture that let's them get away with the {censored} there getting away with now...and it's only going to get worse. Sadly, our votes really don't matter anymore...and we're all just too complacent and self-centered to ever step up on a whole and fight to take back our freedoms.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but see that this is the writing on the wall.

• Members

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but see that this is the writing on the wall.

The truth is, this {censored} has been going on for generations now. We just didn't get good visibility of it until the internet came around. But now, even with visibility, the number of people that give a {censored} about it is so low as to be laughable. Go ahead, tell your coworkers, family, friends, anybody really, that the government is way out of line at this point and something should be done about it. The most you'll get is a, "so?" But for the majority, they'll just write you off as a wack-a-loon and be done with it. Oh, sure, there's that small contingent that will preach to you about making a difference with your vote because they need to cling to the belief that shuffling the same old {censored} through the machine will give us different results, but honestly, most just don't {censored}ing care.

• Members
It's just an opinion.

:facepalm:

• Members

I feel safer when we are killing Muslims, then spending hundreds of billions of dollars building them roads and schools because it's the right thing to do.

I feel safer when the DMV needs a handful of documents to get a new license and prove I'm a citizen even though they could just look at their records and see they've been giving me a license the last forty years while they boast that they would know if I had an unpaid ticket in any of the 50 states.

• Members

The truth is, this {censored} has been going on for generations now. We just didn't get good visibility of it until the internet came around. But now, even with visibility, the number of people that give a {censored} about it is so low as to be laughable. Go ahead, tell your coworkers, family, friends, anybody really, that the government is way out of line at this point and something should be done about it. The most you'll get is a, "so?" But for the majority, they'll just write you off as a wack-a-loon and be done with it. Oh, sure, there's that small contingent that will preach to you about making a difference with your vote because they need to cling to the belief that shuffling the same old {censored} through the machine will give us different results, but honestly, most just don't {censored}ing care.

Exactly what I'm saying!

I'm only 32, so I gotta base some of this on history, and my own observations, but I'd say it really started sometime in the 60's. By the late 80's, the advertising culture took full root, really cemented itself in the 90's, and by the 2000's it's just too late to shovel the {censored}-tide back. Pay-offs, lobbyists, and corruption have become the new traditions in government, and anybody with an actual heart, and conscious would never stand a chance in that arena now...they'd never get the financial backing and visibility/exposure they'd need to even hope to compete with the greedy fat-cats puppet politicians. Maybe a few do go in with an honest heart, but there either driven out, or somebody eventually finds the necessary price to buy them out. Meanwhile the general public has been conditioned to care more about which celebrity is {censored}ing who, and who the next American Idol winner will be...masses safely pacified, and collective attention successfully enough diverted away from what's going on on a global scale. Pay no attention to the big, seething asshole behind the urine smelling curtain!

I can't help but feel there's nothing any of us can do about it now, except sit back, watch, and wait until it all eventually collapses in on itself, and maybe, hopefully, future generations will learn from the past mistakes....assuming anyone is alive to care.

again, maybe I'm reading way into {censored} too much, or just paranoid, and bitter. But my gut tell's me the truth behind it all is probably a lot like what I've illustrated above, and perhaps the greater truth is a scarier, and uglier thing than any of us can possibly conceive of.

*don's tin foil hat*

• Members

Exactly what I'm saying!

I'm only 32, so I gotta base some of this on history, and my own observations, but I'd say it really started sometime in the 60's. By the late 80's, the advertising culture took full root, really cemented itself in the 90's, and by the 2000's it's just too late to shovel the {censored}-tide back. Pay-offs, lobbyists, and corruption have become the new traditions in government, and anybody with an actual heart, and conscious would never stand a chance in that arena now...they'd never get the financial backing and visibility/exposure they'd need to even hope to compete with the greedy fat-cats puppet politicians. Maybe a few do go in with an honest heart, but there either driven out, or somebody eventually finds the necessary price to buy them out. Meanwhile the general public has been conditioned to care more about which celebrity is {censored}ing who, and who the next American Idol winner will be...masses safely pacified, and collective attention successfully enough averted away from what's going on on a global scale.

I can't help but feel there's nothing any of us can do about it now, except sit back, watch, and wait until it all eventually collapses in on itself, and maybe, hopefully, future generations will learn from the past mistakes....assuming anyone is alive to care.

again, maybe I'm reading way into {censored} too much, or just paranoid, and bitter. But my gut tell's me the truth behind it all is probably a lot like what I've illustrated above, and perhaps the greater truth is a scarier, and uglier thing than any of us can possibly conceive of.

*don's tin foil hat*

Sadly agreed.

It's gonna be a helluva show.

• Members

Sadly agreed.

It's gonna be a helluva show.

I really hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong....but I feel like what happened to the USSR in the early 90's....that's what's going to happen here. I mean, capitalism ain't a bad thing...but it's gone way unchecked, and not reigned in or tempered by any kind of concern for the common man/general public. there's no sense of responsibility, or conscious left. It's take all that you can, than take even more, and {censored} what's left behind. Like some kinda' financial Scorched Earth Policy. But trouble is...who's gonna be left to rape when we're all just hollowed out, dried up {censored}-holes? What good will those millions and billions be than? The upper-upper percentage are gonna live in big fortress domes, safe and coddled, while the rest of us fight it out in some Mad Max like modern-feudal environment? Probably a worst case scenario....but it can happen.

• Members

I'm just gonna leave this here...

1.Reagan sent the deficit skyrocketing, growing faster in real dollars than under any other president, including Obama.
2.Reagan cut social spending to the bone and created the homeless problem by turning hundreds of thousands of mentally ill people out on the streets.
3.Reagan catastrophically lowered taxes in 1981, creating debt so bad he raised taxes each of the next six years and still didn

• Members

I'm just gonna leave this here...

1.Reagan sent the deficit skyrocketing, growing faster in real dollars than under any other president, including Obama.

2.Reagan cut social spending to the bone and created the homeless problem by turning hundreds of thousands of mentally ill people out on the streets.

3.Reagan catastrophically lowered taxes in 1981, creating debt so bad he raised taxes each of the next six years and still didn

• Members

Number of Reagan administration era convictions in the Iran-contra scandal: 14 (two overturned on appeal).
Number of Reagan officials convicted for illegal lobbying: 2 (Michael Deaver; Lyn Nofziger, overturned on appeal).
Number of Reagan officials convicted in Housing and Urban Development scandal: 16.
Total number Reagan era convictions: 32 (the number cited in the strip -- 29 -- arrived at by subtracting the 3 overturned cases).
In addition, Bush [Reagan's vice-president who later became president] pardoned Reagan's Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger, indicted on 5 charges.

Moreover, the record of actual convictions doesn't tell the whole story. Over 30 additional Reagan appointees resigned or were fired following charges of legal or ethical misconduct, including Secretary of Interior James Watt, Secretary of Interior Raymond Donovan, CIA Director William Casey and EPA Administrator Anne Burford. Many dozens more were investigated.

Contrast this to:
Number of Clinton officials indicted or convicted in Whitewater, Travel Office, FBI files, Monica Lewinsky, Bruce Babbit, Michael Espy investigations: 0
Asst. Attorney-General Webster Hubbell was convicted of embezzlement, a crime he committed before joining Clinton Administration.

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations."
--Haynes Johnson, Sleepwalking Through History: America in the Reagan Years

• Members

Those numbers paint a pretty clear picture of who can get away with crap that we all know both sides participate in, & who can't.

Please tell me how innocent Clinton's cabinet members & other cohorts were, please.

headhunt much DC?

Archived