there is Les Paul fever in the air

fretless

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love my PRS Singlecut but it feels and plays completely different from my Gibson LP's. Overall the Gibsons win out in the end for me. The fit and finish on the PRS is better but for feel, tone, playabiltiy and mojo Gibsons have it. Still love my PRS but it's just a different animal. Same goes for my ESP's.

• Members

I'm convinced the Les Paul is Gods gift to humanity. Curvy feminine shape, baseball bat thick neck, correct number of frets (if you need more frets & access, you're doing it wrong) & his personal touch of godlike inspired toan are all about as close to perfect as it gets (he didn't want to make it absolutely perfect, so he gave it a headstock design that works fine until some mortal drops it & then a new one is needed - maybe in the master plan, this design flaw was intended to keep his favorite guitar company, Gibson in business by building more guitars)...

Only you would equate the bottom heavy bloated Les Paul shape to being feminine. :lol:

• Members

I have wanted a LPC since the day I started playing guitar. I have an Epi LPC and it's a blast to play, but I WILL own the real deal someday!

Twilight Blue
:love:

GibsonLesPaulCustomTwilightBlue.jpg

That is SICK ... image price tag with a quilt top would scare me to death.

• Members

You can find a used Standard for less

+1. On the used market you can find a ton of minty Gibson LP's for well under $2K. I paid way less than $2K for the mint Les Paul Custom in my avatar.

• Members

I'm definitely an LP guy, there's just something about them.

For me this one is the Queen, because - that's what she is!

NEWR9web.jpg

The LP Custom is the guitar I always wanted since I was a kid. I'm surprised it sounds so different from the Standard.

LPCweb.jpg

Somewhere along the line, I decided I needed a GT. When I got mine, they happened to come with Brazilian RW. I was surprised to find that it's a great "all arounder" - it's the guitar I bring when I can only bring one.

R6-2.jpg

Some great looking guitars in this thread...

Archived