there is Les Paul fever in the air

fretless

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cool beans, enjoy!

snowstorm - the singlecuts are really nice and extremely well built but i just cant get along with how light they are. personal preferences, but they are sweet sweet guitars.

Don't get me freaking wrong, the LP's posted in here are freaking awesome. Wouldn't complain having either of the them. I just think the PRS's are built better and sound freaking awesome.

• Members

Don't get me freaking wrong, the LP's posted in here are freaking awesome. Wouldn't complain having either of the them. I just think the PRS's are built better and sound freaking awesome.

I agree with the PRS sentiment. Id also rather have a carvin single cut over all of the other LP shaped guitars....but it is what it is. I hear LP, I think of that body shape....not necessarily brand.

• Members

I didn't have les paul gas... until last weekend when I happened to notice a goldtop '60s tribute in a guitar store. Once I'd played it I couldn't not buy it, this thing plays and sounds great. Not my pic, but it looks like this;

p3_uuows3mg2_so.jpg

• Members

except I saw Cibyl's LPC posted above and nearly creamed my pants. I keep wanting a goldtop, but if the right LPC pops up in my hunt...

Here's the funny thing -- about 3 years ago I didn't own an LP. I'd owned two previously in the early to mid-2000's and couldn't bond with them. Then I bought the R7 Goldtop used in '09 from a guy local (got a nice deal on it), and from then on I've really become a fan. I guess I "get it" now, and they really feel comfortable to me. They're not the perfect guitar for every situation, but for straight up rock they're hard to beat.

• Members

Here's the funny thing -- about 3 years ago I didn't own an LP. I'd owned two previously in the early to mid-2000's and couldn't bond with them. Then I bought the R7 Goldtop used in '09 from a guy local (got a nice deal on it), and from then on I've really become a fan. I guess I "get it" now, and they really feel comfortable to me. They're not the perfect guitar for every situation, but for straight up rock they're hard to beat.

I've been the same way with Gibsons as a whole. Bought several different Gibsons over the years and wanted to like them more than I actually did like them. Kind of decided I was a Fender guy that just needed to deal with it. Then I got my current LP and found I absolutely love the 60's slim taper neck, as well as this specific guitar. Gave me confidence that I can find another one. Plus I want another pre-raid LP before the prices shoot up. I can't imagine the used market staying the same for long.

If there are 2 LPC's and one has richlite while the other has ebony? Or {censored}... baked maple vs rosewood? Multiply rosewood vs solid blank?

• Members
I'm in the same boat...

except I saw Cibyl's LPC posted above and nearly creamed my pants. I keep wanting a goldtop, but if the right LPC pops up in my hunt...

I was in that mood, looking for a cool LPC, just a classic black one. Few guitars are cooler. I was saving up a whole bunch, and came across a 70's MIJ Epiphone LPC. Fraction of the price (though still not Epi prices lol). I'd love a sunburst LPC, but I'm good on LPC's for a while. White's are cool, but I don't see myself gassing for one of those as long as I've got the blackie. It's aged just right, and the dude who had it before me found some old Gibson PAF's which he put in. I ended up putting those in my Sheraton and replaced them with gold EMG's. The EMG's were right for the time based on my music and tone desires, but tonight or tomorrow the PAF's are going back in :love: Now to just pick what goes into the sheraton :idk:

Thanks to that though, my two guitar desires now are just a real cool tele, and of coures a gold top. Having a nice Gibson gold top, great player, already aged... that's what I want.

Whoever has one of these, I need it.

1982-LP-Custom.jpg

• Members

cool beans, enjoy!

snowstorm - the singlecuts are really nice and extremely well built but i just cant get along with how light they are. personal preferences, but they are sweet sweet guitars.

Have you checked out the "pre-lawsuit" Singlecuts or the Tremonti? Those are both non weight-relieved. I think you'd dig em. They are the 25" scale though...and the Tremonti has a lulzy truss rod cover. I actually prefer lighter guitars but I've had major GAS for a LP Standard lately.

Archived