Marshall JVM low volume question

jds22

• Members

All of this talk of the JVM sounding good at low volumes has ingited some Marshall GAS in me. I've never owned a Marshall and now that I only play at low volumes I figured I never would.

DAMN you HC!!

That being said I was wondering about the 100 watt vs the 50 watt from a low volume standpoint. Are the master volumes just as effective on either of these amps?

I'm looking at used so if I find a 100 watt for less than a 50 watt, would there be any reason to wait for a 50 since I'm playing at low volumes.

Thanks

• Members

I've been playing a 100-watt JVM at practice recently, and the first night, we had no drummer. Just two quiet electrics and vocals as we worked on harmonies. The JVM was still very touch-sensitive and responsive at almost nonexistent volume. I was frankly amazed, and I think I may have to save to get one. It'll be my first Marshall. :thu:

(Then, last night, we had the full band and everything at stage volume. Oh yes. Oooooooooh yeeeeeeees.)

• Members

I had both. Neither is a great low volume amp, but the 50 is better. I found even at stage volumes the 100 had to be too loud to sound its best.

Not my experiences at all. The 100 watter sounds great at low volumes. Its sounds incredible loud but what Marshall doesnt?

The JVM 410 cured my gas...

Archived