Recommend Me A Head (100w, 1 Channel, $2Ki-ish)

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Trigger: Pulled.

1375 Shipped for the Peters.

Not bad. I'm settling a little on the wattage, but it was too good to pass up and if I don't like it, I'm sure I can move it.

His stuff sounds great. Very well built too. I only build for local folks and very sporadically these days.

Is this sort of the tone you're going for?

http://soundcloud.com/madryan/wgs-vet-30

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trigger: Pulled.

1375 Shipped for the Peters.

Not bad. I'm settling a little on the wattage, but it was too good to pass up and if I don't like it, I'm sure I can move it.

{censored}, that's awesome. Great deal for that little guy and once you're in, you'll only want more. There are only 5 more channels than that now. You could even run that as a slave poweramp for a gainier pre-amp if you wanted. There's also a lot of dirt available in the Halo channel, if you want it.

• Members

{censored}, that's awesome. Great deal for that little guy and once you're in, you'll only want more. There are only 5 more channels than that now. You could even run that as a slave poweramp for a gainier pre-amp if you wanted. There's also a lot of dirt available in the Halo channel, if you want it.

Yeah, I just want the cleans. I'm extremely happy with my pedalboard setup at the moment. It's got everything I need, dirt or otherwise.

I'm super excited to get it.

• Members

Yeah, I just want the cleans. I'm extremely happy with my pedalboard setup at the moment. It's got everything I need, dirt or otherwise.

I'm super excited to get it.

Got it. That tone was mostly my Jubilee with a little bit of OD pedal tossed in set clean. I don't do pedals for my dirt. You can't go wrong with what you've decided but a plexi clone would have been right up your alley.

• Members

Got it. That tone was mostly my Jubilee with a little bit of OD pedal tossed in set clean. I don't do pedals for my dirt. You can't go wrong with what you've decided but a plexi clone would have been right up your alley.

Word, yeah, the clip sounded great.

I think I'll really dig the Peters, but a Plexi or Hiwatt will be my plan B if I don't gel with it. :thu:

• Members

congrats dude, that is a sweet amp.

damn if this was white i would be forcing myself not to buy it.

The older models aren't as pedal friendly, but if you put your guitar straight in, you should be forcing yourself to buy it.

• Members
Even if they're not your cup of tea, check out the Who's performance @ the Isle Of Wight. Extreme Hardcore Sexual Hiwatt yumminess..mixed with a good ol SG w P90's & a fuzz pedal. Awesome-o.

I have owned a Hiwatt Custom 50 head with an EV loaded cab.....It was unreal.....with the MV on 2....the whole basement was shaking so hard bottles fell off the bar shelves!

Stupidest thing I ever did was get rid of that...it was MINT and killer!:facepalm:

• Members
I have owned a Hiwatt Custom 50 head with an EV loaded cab.....It was unreal.....with the MV on 2....the whole basement was shaking so hard bottles fell off the bar shelves!

Stupidest thing I ever did was get rid of that...it was MINT and killer!
:facepalm:

I coulda bought one of the (less desired) 80's high gain hiwatts for peanuts & skipped out on it. I wish now I'd snagged it. Wasnt an old school cool Hiwatt, but still.....

• Members
The older models aren't as pedal friendly, but if you put your guitar straight in, you should be forcing yourself to buy it.

When I first read your post I wasn't sure what you were getting at, since I presumed you meant pedals being used in front of the amp. :) I'll clarify this statement of yours:

The Professional Series has a good effects loop which works well with pedals. The loops in the previous models (before the Professional Series) weren't very well buffered (short higher-quality cables were recommended as a result) and weren't pedal-friendly at higher volumes.

• Members
^ your amps rock man, keep up the amazing work!!!

Thank you! :D

My site should be updated very soon, in case anyone is wondering. I spent the last year or so getting the details of the new models sorted (including a couple false starts with the triple channel layout). There are a number of new cosmetic options now too.

• Members
Thank you!
:D

My site should be updated very soon, in case anyone is wondering. I spent the last year or so getting the details of the new models sorted (including a couple false starts with the triple channel layout). There are a number of new cosmetic options now too.

I just listened to the Polaris clip & slipped into a sweet ecstacy... :love:

• Members

Check out a VHT/Fryette Deliverance 120. {censored}ing love my 60 watter so much.....it's been rock-solid for 4 years or so now, too.

Edit: but if you need super loud pristine clean cleans, it may not be the best choice. I know my D60 starts breaking up fast; not sure how it's big brother fares in that dept.

Build a on channel deliverance.

• Members

When I first read your post I wasn't sure what you were getting at, since I presumed you meant pedals being used in front of the amp.
:)
I'll clarify this statement of yours:

The Professional Series has a good effects loop which works well with pedals. The loops in the previous models (before the Professional Series) weren't very well buffered (short higher-quality cables were recommended as a result) and weren't pedal-friendly at higher volumes.

Thanks for clarifying my brevity. I should have specifically mentioned the loop, since he said he had dirt-boxes he intended on using, which would go up front.

• Members

Yeah, I never use the FX loop on an amp. A) I use pedals for all dirt, so I can put them before delay on the board and run everything out front with no issues, and B) that's two more 25' cables I'd have to unwind/hook up/unhook/rewind. Every second counts when you're a single set originals band. Impatient {censored}s. :)

Anyway, I've got my Stiletto at home instead of the practice space and have been jamming with it through my 1936 212 with it in the 50w mode, and I think I'll be fine. It rattles {censored} off the walls, stays pretty durn clean, and that's just with a 212. I should be fine with the band when I use my 412.

I'm giddy like a school girl.

Archived