Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Kids

mbarn3065

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96 View Post
Bump
Hey, mang ~ I'm trying to get caught back up ... I've been a single dad for a week whilst my wife's been away at a conference, so might head hasn't always been above water recently, lol!

Once again, before I go and respond to individual points & questions (which it looks like I'll need to do ~ it's only fair, given the effort you've put into your posts here), please do me a favor and take a look at this article. It speaks directly to your stated desire:
I don't want to see reality through a lens. I want as clear a picture as possible.
... and it explains, very well, I think, exactly why it is utterly impossible to satisfy that desire.

So please, check it out. It may go a long way towards explaining the difference and distance between our worldviews, if not towards helping us build a mutual understanding. At any rate, it's very much worth reading and thinking about.

http://vox-nova.com/2008/09/23/christian-upaya/

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Unstrung View Post
h4Myc.jpg
Every priest in the Episcopal Church in the U.S. (and I'm sure in other mainstream denominations, though I am only first-hand familiar with the Episcopal discernment process) was required to submit to a standard psychological evaluation and screening before being admitted into the process of becoming a priest. Ergo your bull{censored} "thesis" that "faith = insanity" is exactly that: bull{censored}.

Kthnxbaiwave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by draelyc View Post
Every priest in the Episcopal Church in the U.S. (and I'm sure in other mainstream denominations, though I am only first-hand familiar with the Episcopal discernment process) was required to submit to a standard psychological evaluation and screening before being admitted into the process of becoming a priest. Ergo your bull{censored} "thesis" that "faith = insanity" is exactly that: bull{censored}.

Kthnxbaiwave.gif
Sorry can't hear ya, too busy pasting pics from r/atheism

JbI78.jpg

JGpNe.jpg

s50y6.jpg

Although now that I digest what you just said I have to wonder if the people who assess them are as legitimate in their field as creationist scientists or anyone else from a Christian university. ie Doesn't mean {censored}, mang

I mean really, how could an assessment hold any water if the assessor is just as nutty?

Archived