Pricecheck please. 5150 combo.

Crunchtime

• Members

Was it cut from the 2x12? Those things sound amazing via a g12t-75 or v30 4x12 cab.

Get it...Takes effects like a champ in front and in the loop. I used to use my combo via a cab and hated the fact it was so heavy loaded with those shefflields.

• Members

I'd say these 2^^ are about right.edit- oops, there are more than 2 now... Although, I never understand when people cut that {censored}.. I put my combo into a headshell, but I made one and it looks 10x better than a chopped combo.. You'd think if someone feels capable of taking a saw and chopping a cabinet in half and are expecting to do a good job, then they should have the skills to just builds a new one.. But whatever.. If its a hack job, then yeah $300 max..

• Members

It still amazes me how cheaply 5150's go for considering how iconic their sound is in the metal scene...try getting those prices on a recto, fender, marshall etc...

And I think billy is about right for the 5150's I've seen locally...there is a 5150 combo locally near me for $300 :)

• Members

I just paid 425 for my 5150 212 combo in good shape. I couldnt sell mine in a headshell that I made for it for 250 bucks lol.

Lol.. But you are the cut first, measure later kind of carpenter.. Lol.. Cause I think a new hardshell could up the price if its done right.. Here its the one I built.. Dark green Tolex.. The front was just some perforated sheet metal that head yet to be painted at this point.. And I didn't put the corners on yet, which would cover up my corner imperfections.. I do hate doing Tolex.. That can be frustrating for me..

kdk_0288.jpg

kdk_0291.jpg

Archived