TRADED/NCD - How'd I Do?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

So after recently picking up my Peters, my Stiletto Deuce Stage II was just sitting.

Didn't wanna list it here because shipping amps is a pain. Same deal for ebay because even if you say "local pickup only" mother{censored}ers from out of state will still bid.

So after a couple weeks on CL, and some LAME trade offers (4 foot Captain Morgan statue and a Huffy mountain bike to crown the lamest), a guy offers me a VHT Fat Bottom 412 and some 60's Silvertone 112 Combo amp. Wasn't into the Silvertone. Talked him into the cab and $250.

The thing is dead mint. I mean PERFECT shape. Quality feels top notch. Nice metal handles and corners. Front mounted speakers with the grill cloth that velcroes to the front. Pop in casters. Sound is good, though I haven't gotten to hear it cranked yet.

I really didn't need another 412 but our rhythm guitarist will use it since he's in several bands and has to lug his 1960 up and down stairs every practice. That and it should sound a little beefier which is what he needs for rhythm.

Dropped it off at our trailer after I picked it up:

2012-09-26_09-46-21_756.jpg

So, how'd I do? Beat up Stiletto Deuce Stage II for this cab and $250.

• Members

Heh, if I could waltz past the handles bin, toss one in an envelope, and send it to you for freesies, I totally would because I'm classy like that.
:o

Hey, I need a new guitar case, and I see you have some in the background of that pic. Send me one, and pay for postage while you're at it. I mean, you're classy, and should cater to my every desire under that banner, right?

• Members

if you are happy and wont miss the mesa i say it was a great trade!

HNCD!!!!!

Word, I mean, I figure it's at least fair. The Mesa was funtional, but had been gigged hard and had many a tear/scuff/rust dot on the metal bits. Prolly could have gotten 800/900 out of it at the most. Cab sells for 1100 new, so it's prolly worth 600 at the least. plus 250 :idk:

I feel decent about it. This cab will get used more than the Mesa would have.

• Members

Is that an old V30 loaded Fatbottom or does it have the Eminence Pittbull speakers?

Some dude on here bought a used Fatbottom 4x12 and it had like Marshall MG speakers in it when he opened it up lolz, might wanna check!

Might also wanna make sure all those speakers are wired up, eh? :lol:

• Members

Is that an old V30 loaded Fatbottom or does it have the Eminence Pittbull speakers?

Some dude on here bought a used Fatbottom 4x12 and it had like Marshall MG speakers in it when he opened it up lolz, might wanna check!

Yeah, not sure. Guy seemed cool and we had a couple mutual friends so I doubt he put something terrible in there. Imma check next time we practice though.

• Members

Might also wanna make sure all those speakers are wired up, eh?
:lol:

That too :lol:

I'd really like to know how long I played my FB 2x12 with only one speaker actually wired up. I had that thing at least what, like 2 years before I ever opened it up?

I know you can testify that it always sounded awesome regardless :lol:

Archived