School me on 25.5" Scale Les Paul Type Guitars

marshallnoise

• Members

Thanks fellas. I did a bit more research and everyone loves the Hagstrom Super Sweede as noted. Sucks that I don't like the look of them that much. When looking at options, it looks like the GMP Pawnshop is a 25.5" scale Les Paul type guitar. I suppose I am looking into more of the LP tone so it doesn't have to have the shape exactly. I also saw a Yamaha RGX320 has all the materials, neck angle, set neck and all the jazz to hit the tone right on the head.

Oh, and to answer the question: I have two guitars with the LP scale and just do not like the feel. I pick up my Tele, my Strat and my Jackson Dinky Reverse and they all play exactly the way I like them. And I think its the string tension that I am looking for that the 24.75" scale can't match without bigger strings. Plus I have ham hands and need the extra room!

Thanks again. HCAF delivers.

• Members

If you're looking for a Les Paul tone from a 25.5" guitar I think you are going to have a hard time finding that. I know that body wood, neck joint, bridge and other factors play into it too, but I think that scale length may be one of the most significant factors in shaping a Les Paul's tone.

Archived