Mesa Royal Atlantic trade for Mako?

Crunchtime

• Members

Here's the deal. I got a guy that wants to trade me his Royal Atlantic 100 for my Mako Dorado. He also wants $300.

I have never had the chance to play an RA100 and it's hard to judge by clips. I'm not sure how well the RA is for brootz though I do have a pretty good assortment of OD pedals.

I'm thinking the Mako will probably be better for extreme high gain but the Mesa will of course be better for crunch and clean with the Mako being a single channel gain monster.

I'm a bit torn. The Mako may be a one trick pony for me but, it does that one trick really, really well.

Is $300 too much? I was thinking of offering him less. Would you even make that trade at all? :confused:

• Members

Here's the deal. I got a guy that wants to trade me his Royal Atlantic 100 for my Mako Dorado. He also wants $300.

I have never had the chance to play an RA100 and it's hard to judge by clips. I'm not sure how well the RA is for brootz though I do have a pretty good assortment of OD pedals.

I'm thinking the Mako will probably be better for extreme high gain but the Mesa will of course be better for crunch and clean with the Mako being a single channel gain monster.

I'm a bit torn. The Mako may be a one trick pony for me but, it does that one trick really, really well.

Is $300 too much? I was thinking of offering him less. Would you even make that trade at all?
:confused:

Sounds like he is expecting to get dealer price out of it.

Archived