OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They obviously mean something to her. Just a word of advice, feel free to do what you want with it, she wants you in her life. If you don't give her some time then know that you are slowly giving your wife away. That may or may not be OK with you but it's probably worth some careful consideration.

That's what I was trying to say before, I try to strike a balance by doing SOME of those things, but not all.

We're contrastingly different in most respects......so finding balance can be difficult, but I think we do most of the time.

Does she do everything I want to do? definitely not. Do I do everything she wants? definitely not.

Do we spend time together? Yeah, a lot, but yet allow each other to have space.

She has hobbies, as do I.......so we're free to do whatever with our free time, and not be burdened by the other.

It works for us.

She's just not a drinker.

She's also afraid of death, enough for the both of us.....so I think my drinking hits her on a "health" level......as I'm sure she's researched all avenues of premature death.

• Members

Normal; a beer or two after work, or a cup of wine with dinner. Go out and get hammered once every couple months.. etc

What I do; I rarely drink unless I am going out and getting hammered (once every couple months), or if someone offers me a beer when I go somewhere. I just gave away a case of beer because it was in my fridge for two weeks and I wasn't drinking it.

• Members

I can't do the once a week {censored}fest anymore. I will be hungover for an entire day or longer, and I have a pretty strict lifting routine these days. The biggest issue that keeps me away from drinking heavy is that when I am hungover I can't eat. I feel sick for 1 or 2 days. I gotta keep my calories up to at least 3,000 to maintain muscle growth. Not possible when I want to puke at the thought of food.

Everyone once in a while though, just right place at the wrong time and I get {censored}ty.

• Members

In my late 20s I'd have a beer or two maybe two nights a week and get smashed 1-2 nights a week (fri/sat). Now that I'm in my 30s I'll usually drink half a bottle of wine or have 2-3 beers (though I drink high alcohol beers) about 3 days a week. I don't get really drunk very often - the NHL lockout takes a little credit for that (saturday night's not the same) - maybe like 3-4 times a year? I do partake in other substances an average of 3 days a week though.

• Members

If there's beer in the fridge, it will slowly disappear until i buy more. Usually one or two after work, sometimes more, sometime none at all. If i'm out with friends or having a house party it's usually 12+ beers, camping or any event where i'm not traveling for the next while, sometimes i'll finish 24+ beers daily. Long weekend camping trips are usually a 2 case deal.

• Members

right after college i went out and drank a lot. usually 4-5 nights a week. was pretty bad and am pretty ashamed for a lot that went on... redface.gif

i don't drink anymore really at home or try not to and really not during the week anymore. really when i have classes i won't drink at all for that month or two, actually. glad i've cut back as much as i have. i'll get loose after a show every now and then though when i have a place to crash.

• Members

First, I don't drink when I am out, only once home.

Typically will have a 2 - 4 cocktails over Friday & Saturday. Usually 4-6 shots of Midnight Moon, or Absinthe or maybe add some Everclear to the Midnight Moon mixed into the cocktail.

As I come from nasty drunks on my mother's side, I'm always sure to not be out of control or beyond myself.

Derek

• Members

That's also interesting.....how alcohol effects people differently.

For me, I get cuddly and extroverted once I hit a certain point. Pretty much the opposite of my normal self, or maybe just a not so shy version of deep down self.
That's probably why I like to drink. Takes the edge off my social ineptitude and anxiety.

My wife gets really happy after a few drinks then gets real angsty/pissy after a few too many more.
She's kind of the opposite. It puts an edge on her anxiety and brings out her frustrations.

Archived