OT: Gun control...

KCTigerChief

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

I'm crushed by it...Read the thread, you'll understand...

The fact is, people are going to talk about it...Period...It's going to be in the news for awhile. Obama even said today that it's time we look into doing something. Was that in poor taste on his part? Why don't you write Mr. President a note.

What I'm saying is, I'd rather it be in its own thread, than in the thread dedicated to those poor children and families whose lives will NEVER be the same because of a Pyschopath cry.gif

Ok I will give you that, you will have to excuse me, I do not normally get upset about these things but as a parent this one got me. I just saw the news and then came on here and saw this thread of the bat. My first reaction was WTF!!

But you gave a very good reply, I commend you for it and will bow out peacefully.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

Ok I will give you that, you will have to excuse me, I do not normally get upset about these things but as a parent this one got me. I just saw the news and then came on here and saw this thread of the bat. My first reaction was WTF!!

But you gave a very good reply, I commend you for it and will bow out peacefully.

Fair enough man...Sorry, but the more you responded the more I questioned your motive, so my other posts got harsher and harsher...My apologies as well thumb.gif

Let's attribute it to being 9am your time, and I haven't had a chance to crack open my beer yet biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

DUDE!!! It's a POSTER FOR GUN CONTROL YOU NUMBNUTS!!! It's a poster trying to prove the point you just yelled at me for facepalm.gif

Holy {censored}, you can't be in the right state of mind right now Neil...

before you get too angry, try to understand that a LOT of people are angry and frustrated right now. Neil seems like a great guy as do you and his point is as valid as yours.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

before you get too angry, try to understand that a LOT of people are angry and frustrated right now. Neil seems like a great guy as do you and his point is as valid as yours.

Truth, thanks man. I apologized in my previous post...I was out of line too...

It just sucks man...the whole situation cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

I didn't read that.

But still a badly timed an stupid thread.

I am so annoyed right now at the news of the shooting. (It's 9 am here and I just found out).

so we should stop the world and mourn for people we never met, never knew, and never will know, and will be forgotten in a matter of weeks?

drop everything guys, shut down the government, don't go to work, don't discuss any issues we have to mourn for a bunch of anonymous people because we have to show that we are selfless saints and everyone who disagrees is a piece of {censored} who needs to die in a gun massacre.

• Members

Those percentages are incorrect.

These are the numbers, according to those stats:

Code:

Finland:          0.000323%

Australia: 0.000161%

England & Wales: 0.000074%

Spain: 0.000128%

Germany: 0.000239%

Canada: 0.000583%

US: 0.003022%

The US' is over 5 times higher than Canada's (second highest) and over 40 times higher than England & Wales' (lowest).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by no.mop

View Post

Code:

The US' is over 5 times higher than Canada's (second highest) and over 40 times higher than England & Wales' (lowest).

That's why I asked for the source. I did a few of them myself.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

so we should stop the world and mourn for people we never met, never knew, and never will know, and will be forgotten in a matter of weeks?

drop everything guys, shut down the government, don't go to work, don't discuss any issues we have to mourn for a bunch of anonymous people because we have to show that we are selfless saints and everyone who disagrees is a piece of {censored} who needs to die in a gun massacre.

I bet you danced and partied your ass off on 911 too tough guy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by no.mop

View Post

Code:

Touche, that's what I get for copy and pasting from facebook smile.gif Thanks for the correction dude. thumb.gif

Still though, the situation is terrible...And this is going to be a HOT topic in the coming months...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyace

View Post

and everyone is blaming everything but the shooter

yeah, holding someone accountable is not an option. it's the inanimate objects fault every time.

it wasn't the kids fault, it was the guns fault. the gun jumped into his hand and made his finger pull the trigger.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

Holy {censored} you're twisted.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179

View Post

Switzerland has 45 guns per 100 people in their country, but their gun crime rate is a fraction of ours. It's a difference in culture. As Americans, our culture is rotten. Other countries have proven that gun ownership is not a precursor to gun crime. So why can't we figure out what others have?

You are comparing a country with less than 8 million people with a country that has more than 300 million.

I would hope the crime rate in a country with less than 8 million is a fraction of the USA. Also most people living in Switzerland are relatively well off financially. They don't have the amount of social problems, urban deprivation, drug issues, etc... large industrialised countries have.

The USA averages around 90 guns per 100 people, the highest per capita in the world. Switzerland is 3rd per capita.

• Members

View Post

Agreed...

Might as well blame the spoon for obsesity

Pencil for mispelled words

Car for drunk driving

The list goes on and on...Double standards, and such.

Come on man. These are all false analogies. Spoons, pencils, and cars are all tools used to accomplish innocuous and necessary tasks other than obesity, misspellings, and DUIs. Guns are tools with one purpose: killing things. So you're analogies are pretty silly.

• Members

View Post

Dude...have I been MIA or have I just not seen you post hardly at all recently??? dubbya tee eff mate?

yeah I kind of hit and run now lol. Since the server here went to {censored} I focused on, wait for it, actually playing guitar lol. I picked up an 8 string and have been playing way more, and training BJJ 4-5 nights a week, so just been wrapped up lol. Still loving the kemper, but am thinking about picking up a power amp and running a cab, instead of just straight into my monitors. sigh.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadCapLaughs

View Post

Come on man. These are all false analogies. Spoons, pencils, and cars are all tools used to accomplish innocuous and necessary tasks other than obesity, misspellings, and DUIs. Guns are tools with one purpose: killing things. So you're analogies are pretty silly.

They may be silly, but if you use your brain right, they make sense...

No matter the "use" for the tool, when taken advantage of, those are the outcomes...am I right?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadCapLaughs

View Post

not really

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

yeah I kind of hit and run now lol. Since the server here went to {censored} I focused on, wait for it, actually playing guitar lol. I picked up an 8 string and have been playing way more, and training BJJ 4-5 nights a week, so just been wrapped up lol. Still loving the kemper, but am thinking about picking up a power amp and running a cab, instead of just straight into my monitors. sigh.

Dude, nice! I took about a month and a half off for awhile...When I came back I ended up buying a Bogner Ecstasy half stack and went on a pedal binge recently facepalm.gif This place man... icon_lol.gif

Glad you're still digging the kemper! I really want to play one of those soon! Let me know how you like it with the Power amp and cab...I'm not sure I've heard any one doing that here, and I'm curious how it sounds!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

You are comparing a country with less than 8 million people with a country that has more than 300 million.

I would hope the crime rate in a country with less than 8 million is a fraction of the USA. Also most people living in Switzerland are relatively well off financially. They don't have the amount of social problems, urban deprivation, drug issues, etc... large industrialised countries have.

The USA averages around 90 guns per 100 people, the highest per capita in the world. Switzerland is 3rd per capita.

People LOVE to compare the USA to these scandinavian regions from crime to medical, to poverty etc, etc, and the comparisons are flat out {censored}ing silly, we have {censored}ing cities larger than these countries and much different dynamics

How about we compare them to some central american, south american or african countrie or middle eastern countries?... ?

BTW im not pro or anti gun if i could snap my finger and crush guns and keep em out of peoples hands i would in a flash, i actually HATE guns, but im also trying to think with my brain and not my heart

smile.gif

Archived