Jet City 12S vs. Orange PPC112 cabs

vickno

• Members

This might interest you. last year i bought a jet city 4x12 with the eminence speakers to go with my jca 100. While they don't sound bad by any means, i just replaced them with 4 vintage 30's. the sound has improved noticably. Better cleans, more organic and cutting high gain.

• Members

I use a JCA 2x12 loaded with CL80s. The stock Eminence speakers for me were rubbish. But I basically bought the cab coz I needed something quick, they're relatively cheap (here, the JCA plus a pair of new CL80s was still cheaper than buying say, an Orange 2x12), and I'd heard the construction quality was good. I suspect the speakers are designed to go with the JCA amp sound, but that's not what I'm using, and I didn't buy the cab expecting to use those speakers. Not much comes loaded with CL80s outta the box though. idn_smilie.gif

I run mine with the back panel on, the sound is good, it hasn't fallen apart or anything yet. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

I like JCA's drivers, and I think they're about the best bang for the buck in terms of build/sound quality. That said, they're not really constructed similarly to any orange cab I've seen, so they're not all that comparable either way, other than the fact that they're both 112 cabs.

Archived