SS Posse!

Shask

• Members

Hmm.Maybe I will have to find one to play. Maybe a Warmoth would be another good option?

The MII has a wider, flatter neck then the Horizon.

Ive been playing my V a lot lately, which has the 1 11/16" nut, and its not bothering me too much. I kind of like it better in some ways, but then again, that neck is fat too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Warmoth makes great stuff. I would say the Charvel's neck is like a cross between their standard thin profile, and a Wizard II neck.

That Musikraft neck I bought is similar to the Warmoth standard thin, it's a little too thick for me sometimes. icon_lol.gif I might shave it down a little.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro

View Post

Warmoth makes great stuff. I would say the Charvel's neck is like a cross between their standard thin profile, and a Wizard II neck.

That Musikraft neck I bought is similar to the Warmoth standard thin, it's a little too thick for me sometimes. icon_lol.gif I might shave it down a little.

Or do you know another good place to get a good neck/body to copy a Fender? Mighty Mite? Cheap but good biggrin.gif

I am getting bit by the Fender copy/blocked FR bug too smile.gif

I dont like the Wiz II neck. Just like Jackson, reminds me of holding a 2X4.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shask

View Post

Or do you know another good place to get a good neck/body to copy a Fender? Mighty Mite? Cheap but good biggrin.gif

I am getting bit by the Fender copy/blocked FR bug too smile.gif

I dont like the Wiz II neck. Just like Jackson, reminds me of holding a 2X4.

The Warmoth "standard thin", or Musikraft "thin C" profiles would be fine for you, IMO. both are more like a regular Fender neck.

The Mighty Mite necks are okay. I think they're made in Korea, not 100% positive.

For the body, I'd definitely get something with the post holes done already. icon_lol.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sup guys. The Warmoth thin is a tad thinner then the MIM neck. Its like the Ibanez I had. Thats why I want one in the 24 3/4 scale. In other news, I got me another car. A Toyota MR2 MK1. The inside is near flawless. The engine has been completely rebuilt, the trans fully serviced, and new suspension. I just need to repaint it. Kyle has been helping me with my other car, I need to rip it back apart, and see what I missed, so I can sell it.

• Members

It looks pretty small. Cool though thumb.gif

I was wondering where everyone else was in this thread.

Ive had a crazy month or 2. I got the Triple Recto, and I got a Schecter Hellrasier 7. Then I got Dano Drive and Transparent OD pedals.

I modded a few of my pedals...

Then I got laid off facepalm.gif

But, I am in school also, so that keeps me pretty busy.

• Members

View Post

It looks pretty small. Cool though thumb.gif

I was wondering where everyone else was in this thread.

Ive had a crazy month or 2. I got the Triple Recto, and I got a Schecter Hellrasier 7. Then I got Dano Drive and Transparent OD pedals.

I modded a few of my pedals...

Then I got laid off facepalm.gif

But, I am in school also, so that keeps me pretty busy.

I've been working on my other car, and helping my Bother with some stuff. I still need to look for an amp. I thought about it, and I don't think i'm gonna spend more then 300 bucks, seeing as how I just play for fun. Plus I want to keep a good chunk of money in the bank, untill the economy turns around. That sucks you got laid off. Its happened to everyone I know.

• Members

View Post

I don't think the company will last much longer honestly, so I think it was inevitable.

I was thinking about selling some stuff and scaling back, so I guess I have a reason to think that way now biggrin.gif

Just keep the Recto and Mark. Two best amps right there thumb.gif I'm trying to control myself this year, and not blow money on crap I don't need. Plus I have no idea what amp to get lol.

• Members

View Post

All my amps are like that to some point, but the Mark III is way more drastic.

Did you like the Metal Zone pedal? I modded mine recently. It actually sounds pretty good now.

I loved it through that Marshall 8100 head I had. It kicked. What mod did you do? Check out these new Kustom amps. The 2X10 is $150, the 2X12 is $200. I prefer the 2X10. Its a lot tighter sounding, with better crunch. I could get it and slap an EQ in the loop. I figured instead of blowing my money on an amp, I would just get a cheap amp, my car painted, and a laptop. I also need a new vaccum cleaner and dryer lol.

• Members

I changed a bunch of stuff, but I mainly made it more neutral, so it doesn't have that annoying mid honk anymore, and cleared it up. More amp like.

It still kicks as a boost also. It just adds saturation without really changing the tone much. Pretty cool thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro

View Post

I would keep the MarkIII and 5150. cop.gif

Not a fan of the Recto's, huh?

I like the Recto more than the 5150. Everytime I play the 5150 anymore, within 15 minutes I turn it off and go back to the Recto.

The Mark III is upstairs with the Randall.

Archived