Old Jensens - Is there a P12P?

thankyou

• Members

I have two different kinds of Jensens from a sixties home made 4X12.  One seems to be marked P12P, but I have never seen that model and wonder if it's a P12R.  The other three are called Jensen Concert Electronic Music speakers.  They are all bell backed AlNiCo drivers.  The model number on the Concert speakers is EM1202 C7731 2.  They all have a 6 in the year position, and from the history I know of them, that would be 1966.

I've taken them out of the 4X12 and am considering putting one in a single box, and two in another, selling the fourth.  I got the original box with a Silvertone 1484 head that is needing work.  I don't know what was in the original Silvertone 2X12 cab, but wonder if one of two of these were the originals and somebody bought two more to built the bigger enclosure for more volume.

Any info. is appreciated.

• Members

Yes, there was a P12P. Fender didn't use them, others did, I think many come out of organs and jukeboxes. I highly doubt they are from 1966, far more likely 1956. You don't see many alnico Jensens past the early '60's, and just about every P12P I've heard of is from the '50's.

They fall in-between the P12Q and P12N in power handling. Maybe 15 watts RMS.

• Members

Wyatt wrote:

Yes, there was a P12P. Fender didn't use them, others did, I think many come out of organs and jukeboxes. I highly doubt they are from 1966, far more likely 1956. You don't see many alnico Jensens past the early '60's, and just about every P12P I've heard of is from the '50's.

They fall in-between the P12Q and P12N in power handling. Maybe 15 watts RMS.

Hey, thanks. 

I just didn't find anything about P12P's in any of the articles I found on the net, just mainly N, Q and R.  I'm guessing about the year, because I acquired the box in the late sixtes or early seventies.  The tele I got with that setup was a '66, so that added to my conjecture about the manufacture date.  I doubt I will run very much power through them anyway, though the cones and surrounds look quite well preserved.

Archived