The all newest PWNED/FAIL/FUNNY pictures thread

Cokeman

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ss454

View Post

Exactly...and what {censored}ed his arm up was whatever he used to puncture that tire coming back at him like a grenade. I worked in the tire shop at a Petro for a while and let me tell you when a big truck tire blows it goes off like a bomb. I saw a 300lb guy get blown 30ft across the shop with a complete airborn flip from a big tire blowing up and it was in a {censored}ing cage. He forgot he had the stem pulled and it was getting blown up by our bad ass high pressure, high volume pump and he leaned down to unplug it and BOOM...busted his eardrum and shook the whole building.

I always used to get nervous pumping up the big grain truck on the farm just because I knew what kind of pressure they were under. Those things are downright {censored}ing SCARY to be working on. I can't imagine being stupid enough to think puncturing one is a good idea.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by CKJ

View Post

The average 11R 22.5 tire holds 110-120 psi cold on a dual back tire setup. To break it down, that's a lot of ass kicking force coming from some jerk off who slashed it. However.. knowing that the tire sidewall is at least 1" thick, I don't know how he slashed it. The tires usually blow through the tread vs. the sidewall.

isn't 13 psi the threshold for serious bodily harm?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

isn't 13 psi the threshold for serious bodily harm?

Nah, that's the run flat threshold. Anything below 12 on most vehicles results in rim-on-rubber below that. I think someone said the magic number up there, something like 120 is extremely dangerous. I'm trying to remember all this from a safety video from tech school 10 years ago, but yeah, a vehicle tire blowing from overinflation may as well be a stick of dynamite. It's {censored}ing destructive.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zacman0126

View Post

Nah, that's the run flat threshold. Anything below 12 on most vehicles results in rim-on-rubber below that. I think someone said the magic number up there, something like 120 is extremely dangerous. I'm trying to remember all this from a safety video from tech school 10 years ago, but yeah, a vehicle tire blowing from overinflation may as well be a stick of dynamite. It's {censored}ing destructive.

I was referring to how much pressure is required to cause bodily harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

You can puncture normal 35 PSI tires with no problems...

I mean...I dunno. redface.gif

icon_lol.gif

anyways,

reverse-1316194281_bystanders_rescue_man

Archived