The all newest PWNED/FAIL/FUNNY pictures thread

Cokeman

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable

View Post

I don't think I narrowed it to men specifically, did I? Hang on....

Nope. The bidet conversation was general, and when I joined it, I didn't make any mention of the gender of the colonial peasant bidet-user.

You referenced a HC poster. All HC posters are male. Ergo, the colonial peasant bidet use gender mystery is solved.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cbc83

View Post

Considering we didnt even partake in half that amount of competitions, I'll have to agree icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness - damn fine job by the 'muricans this year thumb.gif And some great entertainment! That basketball final was a great spectacle (by both teams)

The Danes did really well too. 9 medals from a country will a pretty small population. Very well done!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

The Danes did really well too. 9 medals from a country will a pretty small population. Very well done!

Grenada won, with a gold medal for every 110,821 members of their population. And - guess what! - hey have a population of 110,821!!!! I mean, what are the chances of that happening? It's uncanny.

In effect, Grenada won two hundred times as many medals as India.

Rank ..........Country .........Medals...........Population.............. ....Population

------------------------------------------------------------------------per Medal

1--------------Grenada-----------1---------------110,821 --------------- 110,821

85---------------India ------------6 -------------1,241,491,960--------206,915,326

In all fairness, there ought to be some kind of prize for topping the Per Capita medals table.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by raine36

View Post

While I agree Ayn Rand's "selfish-ism" philosophy was total bunk, I think there are some good lessons that come from Atlas Shrugged. Namely stuff like having the self confidence and belief in one's self, in moderation of course (no need to destroy the world for it). The book also taught the world that 50 page speeches are really stupid, no matter how important the character. Seriously, John Galt's speech could have been cut down to about two pages if it weren't for Ayn Rand's obsession with analogies.

The only good things to ever come from Ayn Rand were some Rush songs and Bioshock redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable

View Post

Grenada won, with a gold medal for every 110,821 members of their population. And - guess what! - hey have a population of 110,821!!!! I mean, what are the chances of that happening? It's uncanny.

In effect, Grenada won two hundred times as many medals as India.

Rank ..........Country .........Medals...........Population.............. ....Population

------------------------------------------------------------------------per Medal

1--------------Grenada-----------1---------------110,821 --------------- 110,821

85---------------India ------------6 -------------1,241,491,960--------206,915,326

In all fairness, there ought to be some kind of prize for topping the Per Capita medals table.

actually - that is more like 2,000 times as many.

Archived