LINE 6 MM4/DL4 Volume Fix (without using SMT resistors)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drasp

View Post

You may be missing my point. I was suggesting you run it with stereo outs. Simply add a second output and see if signal is present on both sides. . .

i tryed and it don't sound ond the second...you say that is for the right out the r37?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drasp

View Post

You may be missing my point. I was suggesting you run it with stereo outs. Simply add a second output and see if signal is present on both sides. . .

and do you know how to make the double preset mod by myself please? smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
i tryed and it don't sound ond the second...you say that is for the right out the r37?
Correct - I was trying to give you that piece of info w/o just saying it. Sorry if the lines of communication were crossed! wink.gif

R36 sets the gain/output level for the R channel & R37 for the L. If it matters to you, trace past where you damaged the board & connect your new resistor there - may be possible to save the R channel. Or not.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by drasp View Post
Correct - I was trying to give you that piece of info w/o just saying it. Sorry if the lines of communication were crossed! wink.gif

R36 sets the gain/output level for the R channel & R37 for the L. If it matters to you, trace past where you damaged the board & connect your new resistor there - may be possible to save the R channel. Or not.
you suggest to follow the connections and solder the resistor there?...i tried but i can't see it, or better i can do for the parto going to the left side (if you are locking at the stompbox) but i cant for the other...any suggestion for the schematics??rolleyes.gif

• Members
I don't have a schematic, but try a combination of shining a flashlight through the PCB & testing for continuity w/ a multimeter. wink.gif
............confused.gif sorry for the ignorancecry.gif
can you please tel me how to do it?

• Members

Follow the trace leading from the lifted pad with your eyes - see where it vanishes under that IC? With a multimeter, you could probe the surrounding traces for continuity & figure out where it should go. . .

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I also have to consider that lots of folks pay for my DIY kits to get my help with things like this. wink.gif

• Members
Follow the trace leading from the lifted pad with your eyes - see where it vanishes under that IC? With a multimeter, you could probe the surrounding traces for continuity & figure out where it should go. . .

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I also have to consider that lots of folks pay for my DIY kits to get my help with things like this. wink.gif
I'm so sorry, i didn't know you do this for money!!
You gave me a big help by trying to' help me smile.gif, so i don't wanna stress you again, smile.gif i'll try to' follow the trace goobg under that IC and see where it should be...thanks again!thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
I'm so sorry, i didn't know you do this for money!!
You gave me a big help by trying to' help me smile.gif, so i don't wanna stress you again, smile.gif i'll try to' follow the trace goobg under that IC and see where it should be...thanks again!thumb.gif
No worries. I love helping folks out, but I also love to see them learning, which is why I wanted to help you find your own answer. ;D

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thanks for all the info guys, I know the thread is old but it's still very useful to guys like me.
Now to my problem smile.gif
Using the info here I fixed the volume drop on my MM4, I also changed the momentary switches with heavy duty ones.
Everything appeared fine until I noticed that channel 3 had stopped working.
While I was poking around with my continuity tester (the MM4 was powered) I found that applying the plus and minus to channel 4 activated channel 3.
I know it sounds confusing but I know the problem is not in the switches themselves and channel 3 actually works I just cant activate it with the switch.
Could it be a bad resistor R31 maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I know this thread hasn't been active however any help would be greatly appreciated. I replaced my stock switches for momentary switches wired directly to the board. However, I knocked off the R32 resistor on switch four. Can someone tell me what value resistor I need to replace it with. Thanks for your time. -Jeff

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I know I am necroing a zombie thread, but I just wanted to say, "thanks so much" to the people involved. It was a big help. I HAD to have this mod to make my MM4 boardworthy, and I did NOT need to pay Keeley $119. I had some real boo-boos, but pulled through. Taking the resistors off for the volume mod, I pulled 3 of the 4 pads off. It was my first time, and I did not know what I was doing. Had to find the trace wire, and solder a resistor to tendril thin pin of a micro IC. I really thought I had ruined it, but my natural tenacity brought me back around. Thanks again to those involved. I think it saved my pedal.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I want to be dead sure about this before I do something I can't do back - any unit newer than 2001 won't have any components in C1,

C36, C23, C24? Only units older than 2001 will have that, and those components can be removed for an improved signal?