Sign in to follow this  
search now

who was your favorite character on gilligans isle?

I liked Gilligan better when he was a beatnik on Doby Gillis. I almost went for the professor, but Maryanne got my vote. She was much hotter than the professor, and besides, he was misspelled.

:cop:

the Professor was the coolest person on the island...don't get me wrong, being marooned wiht Ginger and Maryann would be okay, but I would think having a guy who could whip up a stuff out of the native flora and fauna would be better in the long run...

I voted Maryanne for the obvious reason, but the Professor was cool cause he could make all kinds of electronic shit out of coconuts.

the Professor was the coolest person on the island...don't get me wrong, being marooned wiht Ginger and Maryann would be okay, but I would think having a guy who could whip up a stuff out of the native flora and fauna would be better in the long run...

Harumph! Fat lot of good the professor's brains ever did them in terms of getting off the island. Gimme the girls any day!

:love:

Harumph! Fat lot of good the professor's brains ever did them in terms of getting off the island. Gimme the girls any day!

:love:

yeah, but think...if you were going to be there for forty years, with nowhere to escape...with thw women...first you'd suffer through twenty years of simultaneous PMS, then... menopause...I'll still take the Professor...eventually, he would figure out how to make a plane out of coconut shells and palm fronds...:wave:

yeah, but think...if you were going to be there for forty years, with nowhere to escape...with thw women...first you'd suffer through twenty years of simultaneous PMS, then... menopause...I'll still take the Professor...eventually, he would figure out how to make a plane out of coconut shells and palm fronds...
:wave:

Forty years?! Where do you get this forty year crap?

:confused:

I'm not going to live forty more years in any scenario! Neither are you, btw. You're about to get killed for trying to screw the only other elligible hetero male on the island on the thin hope that you live long enough for his education to be useful.

:)

Sometimes it's better to be practical.

Maryanne is definitely the practical choice. Ginger would always be after you to buy her new fancy dresses and gowns and fucking anything in pants during the commercials!

:thu:

on the thin hope that you live long enough for his education to be useful.

:)

Sometimes it's better to be practical.

so to you 'practical' is just having a f*ck buddy?:rolleyes:

Provided that fuck buddy ain't you or "your kind," yes.

what, you don't like Irish-American guitar players? :confused:

No, I knew...:thu:

another odd daddymack fact: My late uncle was one of the chief cinematographers for CBS in the 60s (Gilligan was shot on film), and so I have actually seen the first two series complete with outtakes more times than I care to remember, even before it went into syndication. I actually had some full reels* (35mm) but they were on the verge of deteriorating and I turned them over to my alma mater, where my uncle used to teach film classes.

Another weird Gilligan related fact: one of my ex-GFs married Alan Hale's son....who looks a lot like his old man, who looked alot like his old man...strong genes in that family....

*I also gave them all my SFX reels from 'Cattlecar Impractica' and Buck Rogers, my uncle was a principle at Hartland Universal, the effects house for those shows, and I worked for H-U on and off as a detailer, model maker, grip, go-fer and camera assistant.

No, I knew...

another odd daddymack fact: My late uncle was one of the chief cinematographers for CBS in the 60s (Gilligan was shot on film), and so I have actually seen the first two series complete with outtakes more times than I care to remember, even before it went into syndication. I actually had some full reels* (35mm) but they were on the verge of deteriorating and I turned them over to my alma mater, where my uncle used to teach film classes.

Another weird Gilligan related fact: one of my ex-GFs married Alan Hale's son....who looks a lot like his old man, who looked alot like his old man...strong genes in that family....

*I also gave them all my SFX reels from 'Cattlecar Impractica' and Buck Rogers, my uncle was a principle at Hartland Universal, the effects house for those shows, and I worked for H-U on and off as a detailer, model maker, grip, go-fer and camera assistant.

yer dads brother should have given us better asshots of Maryanne

Welcome back, stranger! What's happening?

I am getting back into circulation slowly, TMZ. Been out of it for quite sometime dealing with 720 degrees of BS. I made some guitar switches recently that I have been very happy about - traded away my gibsons, Metropolitan and national for tele and a VG strat. Very glad I did - the tele stays in tune better than any instrument I have owned and just picked up the strat last weekend and have been enjoying it bigtime. Kinda full circle on the strat - black/white with maple neck, same thing (minus the VG stuff) that I boughgt new when I was 12 in 1972. This guitar is much, much better than that one in terms of sound and playability. So now I am down to two acoustics and three electrics (all Fenders) and a Blues Jr and a 72 Champ.

Have you been out East to NH lately?

I am getting back into circulation slowly, TMZ. Been out of it for quite sometime dealing with 720 degrees of BS. I made some guitar switches recently that I have been very happy about - traded away my gibsons, Metropolitan and national for tele and a VG strat. Very glad I did - the tele stays in tune better than any instrument I have owned and just picked up the strat last weekend and have been enjoying it bigtime. Kinda full circle on the strat - black/white with maple neck, same thing (minus the VG stuff) that I boughgt new when I was 12 in 1972. This guitar is much, much better than that one in terms of sound and playability. So now I am down to two acoustics and three electrics (all Fenders) and a Blues Jr and a 72 Champ.

Have you been out East to NH lately?

I also bought a new black strat with white pickguard and maple neck in the early '70s. It replaced a black tele with white pickguard and maple neck I had bought a year or two before. I have a strat of the same description now that is an '81 that a friend sold me, but which I told him I would sell back to him when he is ready as it has sentimental value to him.

Sounds like you have been getting into the single coil sound lately. I have as well, mainly with my G&L ASAT Classic semi-hollow, which I keep coming back to. It's basically a Tele with a headstock half-way between strat and tele and some different pick-ups - transparent butterscotch ash body, birdseye maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. I still have my Gibsons, etc., though.

OMG...general guitar talk!!! Who'd'a thunk it? ;)

so, Es'Jo, you ain't Es'Jo no'mo? :eek:

Can I ask, what did you get for the Metro?

HAHAHA!!!

Anyhoo...

I'm picking Mrs. Howell. Why? Well, while you're all fighting over Maryanne and Ginger and having to take turns with 'em I'll have that old bag all by myself.

I mean, come on, Thurston doesn't give a shit about anything but money so he probably ain't hit it in forever and Mrs. Howell is a woman after all so she prolly wantin somebody to stuff that shit for her. Not much for the women to look at on that island ya know (didn't somebody say the cannibles?).

I'd be steady poundin that old ass. Have her all bent over one them bamboo tables with a handfull of her hair yellin "How you like that shit, Lovey!"

Ya kno...come to think of it when Maryanne and Ginger come runnin' to see what happenin on Mrs. Howell ass they gonna want some too, so they start making out with each other til i can get to em, so it looks like Ima end up with Ginger and Maryanne anyway (maybe then yall could fight over which one yall gonna bend Giligan over-don't laugh yall kno at least one of yall is [side note: yall are freaks!]) N yall kno I'm right too cuz Gilligan got 4 times as many votes as Mrs. Howell done got.

So in fairness yall should just change this survey to "Giligan: Who gonna fudgepack first".

That'd be more accurate.

The professor.

He's the only one on the show who could find his ass without getting lost.

Bullshit. If he was any good why you don't see him invent a f_ckn ONE MAN raft? That's all it wudda took.

Professor = epic fail.

Meanwhile I be doin' tha br00tlz on Mrs howell wrinkled ass.

out-take reel...:cool:

OMG...general guitar talk!!! Who'd'a thunk it?
;)

so, Es'Jo, you ain't Es'Jo no'mo?
:eek:

Can I ask, what did you get for the Metro?

I got $1400 - quite a bit less than the $2200 I paid for it originally... I wasnt playing it much and it was time for a change.

yes, I do need a new moniker - can I change to Es'Jo and still keep my posts and seniority status?

I got $1400 - quite a bit less than the $2200 I paid for it originally... I wasnt playing it much and it was time for a change.

yes, I do need a new moniker - can I change to Es'Jo and still keep my posts and seniority status?

But there's no more "Es" . . . how about "Single Coil John"?

:idea:

weelllll...I'll have to take this up with management, it may get kind'a pricey, you know, all the IT time, and overhead...:rolleyes:

PM me when you have time and we can discuss...

weelllll...I'll have to take this up with management, it may get kind'a pricey, you know, all the IT time, and overhead...
:rolleyes:

PM me when you have time and we can discuss...

- Daddymack - I shall. Perhaps a small donation to the hot tub fund?

To TMZ's arrow's post: I do have a Toronado with bumhuckers so I havent completely sold out on 2 coils but you have a pt there. ;)

I voted the professor, but my heart wanted to vote for sweet and beautiful Mary Ann. The professor's character was more important to the show as far as making things interesting that's why I voted him...but Ginger and Mary Ann -- BOTH HOT!

I voted the professor, but my heart wanted to vote for sweet and beautiful Mary Ann. The professor's character was more important to the show as far as making things interesting that's why I voted him...but Ginger and Mary Ann -- BOTH HOT!

I like the Jim Backus character. That voice was the voice of "Mister Magoo" (cartoon character). Funny stuff! :lol:

Maryanne soooooooo dammnnn sweet. I have had sex with her many times alone in my shower. er ah did I say that out loud. She aged the best too.

And she smokes pot, She got busted a few years ago.