Sign in to follow this  
dsl-50

Cool. The last song ever played on"Friends" was "Embryonic Journey"

I'm currently teaching that selection to two of my guitar students. You're right....very cool and appropriate.

Originally posted by MartinD45-GS

Hmm... doesn't leo kottke have a song entitled "embryonic journey"

Kottke covered it---Jorma Kaukonen wrote it, way back in the Jefferson Airplane days. It's a deceptively simple dropped-D, Travis-picked number, really sounds impressive!

Jorma's one of my favorite guitarists, turned me on to Piedmont blues. I had the priviledge of seeing Hot Tuna at a small theater when Jorma's little brother Peter, a fine guitarist in his own right, opened the show.

"Friends"---bleagh!

Friends as a show really sucked. The only reason it ever got as popular as it did was because it followed Seinfeld for all those years. When Seinfeld went off the air people just were in the habit of watching it. Seinfield even lampooned the phenomenon when they did the episode where the horrible comic Banta keeps getting great laughs because he follows Jerry all the time on stage.

The whole sexual tension drawn out over years idea got played to death on Cheers and since then hasn't got any fresher.

I don't know why Seinfeld had to end. Larry David seems to still have lots of great ideas for "Curb your Enthusiasm"

I was wondering if someone here would comment on the music chosen to end "Friends". It was a great choice. How difficult is that song to play?

Originally posted by guitarcapo

Friends as a show really sucked. The only reason it ever got as popular as it did was because it followed Seinfeld for all those years. When Seinfeld went off the air people just were in the habit of watching it. Seinfield even lampooned the phenomenon when they did the episode where the horrible comic Banta keeps getting great laughs because he follows Jerry all the time on stage.

The whole sexual tension drawn out over years idea got played to death on Cheers and since then hasn't got any fresher.

I don't know why Seinfeld had to end. Larry David seems to still have lots of great ideas for "Curb your Enthusiasm"

Friends as a show really sucked

To be honest with y'all, that was the first (and last needless to say the last) time i had ever watched the show in ten years of it's running time. I agree, i don't know what all of the fuss was about. :rolleyes:

"Seinfeld" and "Cheers" were much better IMO:D

Off topic observation:

dsl-50's signature says:

Ann Landers top three complaints from readers: 1.) Poor people wish that they were rich. 2.) Single people wish that they were married. 3.) Married people wish that they were dead.

"Dear Abby, Dear Abby,

My fountain pen leaks,

my wife hollers at me,

and my kids are all freaks.

Every side I get up on,

is the wrong side of bed,

if it weren't so expensive,

I'd wish I were dead.

Siiiiiignd....Unhappy"

John Prine.

On 5/7/2004 at 7:20 AM, MartinD45-GS said:

Hmm... doesn't leo kottke have a song entitled "embryonic journey"

Leo Kottke did a cover of the wonderful Jefferson Airplane/Jorma Kaukonen instrumental. 

this was responded to correctly back in May of 2004...but thanks for playing...:wave: