** Martin 'Tone Chart' **

BeatleFred

• Members
Originally posted by LittleBrother

This beats all I have seen. What a hoot! Read the small print on the top right which basically says. The editor smokes some excellent pot!

;)

rofl!!! :D You can't base anything on anyone's opinion, but that is a start if you're looking for a general idea of what to start with for the Martins. There's still only one method... and it's the most fun method... go guitar shop hopping and play them all ;):D

• Members

Hey Cortfan--How do you like your 0001 ? I have been considering buying one of these but really cant get my hands on it to play it. Plus I cant find allot of info. on this model.--The one I am looking at is a 0001R---Let me know---Thanks Gasman

• Members

I love it. Perfectly flawless construction. Very light weight. Cons: You must replace the nut and saddle with bone, or Tusq for sustain. The "plastic" nut and saddle suck. Martin sets their guitars up with a high factory action. Even for fingerpicking, which I do, it was way too high. It will need a few years to open up. But once it does-watch out! After I replaced the nut and saddle, got my guitar tech to lower the action, and let it breathe for a while, it has made a killer guitar. If you have large hands and fingers, you may want to consider the wider neck model-OM, I think. I have small hands, so this neck works good for me. I think the 000-1R has rosewood back and sides. I haven't tried one of those, so I can say how they sound. It definitely has the Martin sound. I spent about $65.00 for my set up and mods, but it was well worth it. I use D'Adderio EXP strings.

• Members

Thanks Cortfan-- I am glad you really like your 0001 - I have had a hard time getting opions on this model. Yes I do have small hands - and the Martin's with wider spacing did not work for me. So I am looking forward to given this model a spin! I agree on the bone nut and saddle - generaly inproves the sound of most Acoustics! Thanks allot for yuor input I appreciate!--Gasman

• Members

You are welcome, Gasman and welcome to the forum, as well. I looked in the user review section of the Harmony Central site and it shows 5 reviews of this guitar. Are you aware of the user review section? There are several people on the acoustic forum who work in music stores, and are quite helpful with any questions you may have.

Archived