Thoughts on the Washburn D10CEQSB

YEMandy

• Members

I picked up a used Washburn D10CEQSB at the local guitar shop for $200 with a hard case a day ago. The guitar is in great shape and I love the quilted maple top. I can't pick it up until July 9th because the dealer has to wait a certain amount of time to make sure it was not a stolen guitar. I put $20 down on it, but I can get it back if I decide I don't want it.

I'm new to the guitar world, so I'm just looking if this guitar is worth the money or if I should look for a different one in the same price range. Does anyone own one or have used one before? Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!

-Andy

Washburn D10CEQSB

• Members

I NEVER come in this forum but for some reason I did today.

I owned one. It was the best playing/sounding acoustic I'd played (until last week when i played my new step mom's Larrivee OM-9.....yowza).

The washburn was intonated well, good tuners, great neck, fun to play. I had an accident (ok i was being careless) and it landed head first and the headstock snapped off. :(

If it was as nice as the one I owned I'd buy it if I were in that position!!!

• Members

When I first became a Washburn dealer last November I ordered one with my first order of guitars, over 24 guitars, and it was a fine looking and playing guitar but the electronics were faulty so I sent it back. The 2nd one they sent me had faulty electronics too, different problem though, so I sent it back and just told them to forget it. I did have 2 D10SCE's in that shipment and they worked fine. In fact I've gotten a couple of other a/e Washburns that were fine I guess I just had a little bad run with that particular model. The top is a laminate maple, which is great for fighting feedback live, and just like pretty much all Washburns I'll bet yours looks great.

When/if you try to use the XLR jack I've been told you need a dummy 1/4" plug in that jack to activate the XLR. One D10CEQSB I sent back was because the XLR jack didn't work at all. Now, if you never used the XLR jack, it was a perfect guitar, and the other D10CE's I've had the XLR jack worked w/o a 1/4" dummy plug. So try it out. That's a good price for a good guitar.:)

• 15 years later...
  • Members

So I bought a Washburn D10CEQsb. I don’t understand why the EQ that is built in is on the opposite end from this model. Also had a Ulois 1 built in. A older EQ. It looks like it’s a different model. Has anyone heard of Washburn restickering guitars? 

Archived