how do you pronounce "takamine"?

oldspice

• Members

I have NO idea about that first post of mine in this thread.... I did not enter that. Our computer has been acting very strangely recently. Not even sure what youse are seeing there but it`s a couple of Japanese characters.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Billvarez

Along these same lines.... end an argument for me..

How do you pronounce Godin .. the Canadian Guitar manuf.

Any one???

Go Dan. :cool:

• Members

Good question, I still don't know how to pronounce it. I used to say "tack-a-mean-eee", but one friend of mine who plays guitar and a guitar tech I know both say "takamine"; "mine" as in something "I" own. So in short, I have no idea how to pronounce the name. Luckily the acoustic I have at my grandparents' house in brazil is a Jasmine and I say that like the girl name :rolleyes:

• Members

I speak French and the N is silent in Godin. Its difficult puuting into an English sound, I can`t think of anything that comes close.

Mike... you had it right in your first post.... again, thats the way it is spoken here in Japan. I figure they should know.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Originally posted by ChrisNJ

Good question, I still don't know how to pronounce it. I used to say "tack-a-mean-eee", but one friend of mine who plays guitar and a guitar tech I know both say "takamine"; "mine" as in something "I" own. So in short, I have no idea how to pronounce the name. Luckily the acoustic I have at my grandparents' house in brazil is a Jasmine and I say that like the girl name
:rolleyes:

I have heard players say tackamine. I had no Idea there was a knee in there:rolleyes:

Archived