friday night in san francisco

mr.sosa

• Members

B000002AHM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i bought the vinyl a few months ago in the used section of a music store like for $2.50.

I didn't really know a lot about it but now that i do i would pay more than $20 for it.

does anybody have it? its a great album

if you haven't listened to it get it. i highly recommend it.

• Members

Queequeg, I've found that to be true of him in the past on electric. In his younger days, he once said he wanted to be the fastest guitarist in the world, or words to that effect. At times he acheived great speed, but as you say and I agree - he often sounded cold, sterile, and redundant. I think his best electric work was with Chick Corea's Return to Forever, which was Al's big break. In that group he showed marked restraint compared to his later solo work. Years later, both with the acoustic trio, and his World Sinofa project, he did attain more warmth and feeling.

Just my spin.

• Members

That's the first record I ever bought.

I don't really enjoy it that much anymore. Too much of a wankfest.
I tend to prefer the studio album... or , even better, Mc Laughlin's albums, De Lucia's albums, or DiMeola's work with World Sinfonia.

• Members

Not long after that one he collaboraed with Paco Lucia and made some albums. Some memorable cuts on the first one (forget the name).........maybe Elegant Gypsy?

Al shows his blazing speed on a few cuts, nice melody on others....Paco burns Al.

Dan

Archived