A/E Suggestions.. Please??

axe2 2001

• Members

Hi all, I don't get around here much seeing that I don't currently own an acoustic. I'm back in the market for a decent playing acoustic/electric for a recording project. I had a Takamine G-series a while back and it served it's purpose. Somthing similar in playability would work good. I'm thinking of spending around $300.00 to $500.00. I know I should save my money and get a Martin or a Taylor but I put most of my resources into electrics, amps, PA,s and other gear. Using the search function i'm getting that Ovations suck? Sure look nice and i'm sure alot of guys like them. Considering i'm only doing a few songs and then just personal recordings, whats a good guitar these days? Playability and stable tuning are my biggest concerns. Any help would be very cool, Thanks, Rob

• Members

Ovations are not as a whole loved on this site - But they play well , sound great threw an amp and can usually be picked up on the cheap used- i use to play one years ago in bars- they are durable little suckers ( just traded in the second one i had for a martin about 6 months ago ) i probably would of kept it , but i dont play out any more - and on its own the tonal quality didnt satisfy me ( strong and dependable thou ! ) so dont let folks tell you nasty things about ovations - thou theres some great jokes about them in a few threads !

By the way there are a few low end martins that are in this price range you might want to check out !

Archived