Martin 0-45JB (Joan Baez Signature)

Rada

• Members

OMG that thing is beautiful. Everything I want in a git - small body, 12 fret slothead - probably Braz and some pretty nice eye candy.

A bazillion years ago (that is not an endangered hardwood) when I was in college we went down to the student union for a cup of coffee. One of my buddies said "there's some folk singer playing protest songs, wanna check it out?". There she was, sitting on a stool in a peasant dress, guitar case open at her feet with some coins in it. Special.

• Members

Originally posted by Freeman Keller

A bazillion years ago (that is not an endangered hardwood) when I was in college we went down to the student union for a cup of coffee. One of my buddies said "there's some folk singer playing protest songs, wanna check it out?". There she was, sitting on a stool in a peasant dress, guitar case open at her feet with some coins in it. Special.

I think that's one of the best stories I've ever heard :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by knockwood

Rada, I knew they'd draw you in sooner or later...
:D

It's pretty, but I doubt its sound will floor me.....BUT IT'S JOAN BAEZ SIGNATURE GUITAR! I HAVE TO HAVE IT!

:o

I can't picture myself ever really playing it....it'll just be a collector's item. But considering there are only 59 of them made, I don't picture myself ever getting a hold of one :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Rada

It's pretty, but I doubt its sound will floor me.....BUT IT'S JOAN BAEZ SIGNATURE GUITAR! I HAVE TO HAVE IT!

I can't picture myself ever really playing it....it'll just be a collector's item. But considering there are only 59 of them made, I don't picture myself ever getting a hold of one
:cry:

Sell some of that killer underwear you own and get the guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by cfgsteak

Well, just look at it like this...Joan was a bra burning activist. You will be gaining a guitar, and making a political statement that she would agree with at the same time.

:idea::love:

If I were to sell all of my underwear I could probably buy

0-45JB.jpg

HeritageH535.jpg

HeritageH150CM.jpg

GLASATBluesboy.jpg

mmc_gllegacy_sold.jpg

GL-ASAT-Butter-001.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by carguy

Rada,

That's a lot of expensive underwear!!

Yes, it's a crippling addiction....I pity my future sugar mama or sugar daddy :o

But back to the guitar....has NO ONE ever seen one? I mean, I never even knew she had a sig, I've never heard it mentioned

I would love to get my hands on this thing....something tells me, considering only 59 of them were made, that it's easily going to be in the five-figure range :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Rada

There were only 59 made....I've never seen one

Has anyone seen or played one?

This just might be the only Martin I'd willing to fork over the $$ for

0-45JB.jpg

0-45JB-Signature.jpg

My good buddy Anubis Jones recently bought one and let me play on it (I was installing a UST in it for her)...mighty sweet!

Her "significant other" about had a heart-attack when she found out that Anubis sold her (Anubis') '65 Mustang (that "Noobie" had spent the last 4 years restoring) to be able to afford it...but, she's not a guitarist, either! ;)

Archived