Bayou Guitars

OldHippy

• Members

Hi Just wanted to tell you about a new guitar line I found in Vancouver Canada. These guitars are called Bayou Guitars...I bought an acoustic electric BA20SCE the thing is amazing> It is top grade Sitka spruce top solid. Tight straight grain.The neck is like an old Gibson from the 60s.

The pickup system in it is the best in the world as far as I am concerned ..The B-Band A3.2 system with the onboard EQ. The guitar is very natural sounding and is well under the 700 price point..I paid 599 Canadian dollars just over 500US dollars.

The store that sells them exclusively here in Vancouver is Westcoast Music . They even threw in a free real Canadian made arch top wood case. The guitar is killer value incredible feel and awesome natural sound plugged in with the B-Band System. It has nice inlay in headstock and a cool picture of an alligator playing a guitar in the soundhole ..Apparently these instruments are made of top grade woods selected in Canada aged for 2 years and the body and neck cut and fit offshore.

Then they are finished.. frets ,tuners , and B-Band pickups installed rite in Vancouver. All I know is I looked at everything..and alot of guitars in this price range or even higher were using cheaper grade spruce tops and the pickups were obviously inferior..I comapred to Takamines ..Seagulls. cheap Martins ..Larrivees..Taylors..anyway thats my 2 cents worth. http://www.bayouguitars.com is the site. They have awesome classical and flamenco guitars for under 300 Canadian too

• Members

Tried to check out the website, but only got a picture of some guitars. I will guess that they were the models offered by Bayou. Picture looked nice but I couldn't get directed to anything else. How about posting a pic of yours?

• Members

Originally posted by alan814

Tried to check out the website, but only got a picture of some guitars. I will guess that they were the models offered by Bayou. Picture looked nice but I couldn't get directed to anything else. How about posting a pic of yours?

Hey

sure I can post a pic...maybe tonight or tommorow I need to borrow a camera no problem. I got the sunburst finish looks kinda like an old Gibson..they had black and natural as well. all the tops looked excellent tight straight grain..i was told they use same wood grade as the high end Larrivees and all the guitars that were 4 times the price. I had previously checked the price of putting in a B-Band A3.2 pickup and it was almost 350 canadian probly 300 US so with the free case and the pickup already installed i decided this was a no brain deal. Plus i got a cutaway.

I also checked Takamines down the street at Toms Music an they completely sucked plugged in...the pickup was makin it sound boxy and like an electric. Oh the tak was like 1000 bucks US too.

These guitars are just good value... I liked the neck feel nice vintagey feeling neck like an old Gibson ...They told me the guitar was speced from an old Hummingbird Gibson neckwise. I know Taylor has a good name an all but I tried their guitars and didnt care for the neck feel..it seemed too pointy in the middle ..dug into my hand an just didnt feel rite to me. way more money too.

I dont know of anything round here that is better value.It sounds decent rite now acoustically ..im sur eit will age and open up as well later on..and when you plug it in you get the exact same sound from the pickup...which to me is what i want..I dont wanna play it acoustically and plug in and all of a sudden it sounds like an electric. Anyway im happy with it. Its not a vintage Gibson..and certainly wasnt the price of one..but it is as close as I can get to the vintage sound and feel for 500 bucks with case .included. ill post pics as soon as I can .

OldHIppy

• Members
Originally posted by OldHippy

Ok heres the pic Im not very good at this but its the best i could do:P

OldHippy

Hey

sure I can post a pic...maybe tonight or tommorow I need to borrow a camera no problem. I got the sunburst finish looks kinda like an old Gibson..they had black and natural as well. all the tops looked excellent tight straight grain..i was told they use same wood grade as the high end Larrivees and all the guitars that were 4 times the price. I had previously checked the price of putting in a B-Band A3.2 pickup and it was almost 350 canadian probly 300 US so with the free case and the pickup already installed i decided this was a no brain deal. Plus i got a cutaway.

I also checked Takamines down the street at Toms Music an they completely sucked plugged in...the pickup was makin it sound boxy and like an electric. Oh the tak was like 1000 bucks US too.

These guitars are just good value... I liked the neck feel nice vintagey feeling neck like an old Gibson ...They told me the guitar was speced from an old Hummingbird Gibson neckwise. I know Taylor has a good name an all but I tried their guitars and didnt care for the neck feel..it seemed too pointy in the middle ..dug into my hand an just didnt feel rite to me. way more money too.

I dont know of anything round here that is better value.It sounds decent rite now acoustically ..im sur eit will age and open up as well later on..and when you plug it in you get the exact same sound from the pickup...which to me is what i want..I dont wanna play it acoustically and plug in and all of a sudden it sounds like an electric. Anyway im happy with it. Its not a vintage Gibson..and certainly wasnt the price of one..but it is as close as I can get to the vintage sound and feel for 500 bucks with case .included. ill post pics as soon as I can .

OldHIppy

• 14 years later...
  • Members

My Bayou guitar is amazing. Sound and Quality. Its over 10 years old and never goes out of tune. Actually thats not quite true. I have to tune it once in a while. But its pretty god damned close. Ha ha. I highly recomend this acoustic guitar.

Archived