Double-neck acoustic tapping

Stackabones

• Members

It seems there's been a few of these kinds of postings around here lately, and I thought I'd add to the fray.

What caught my eye about this one is that Doolin Guitars built Justin King this custom double-neck guitar to accomodate his technique. The necks are so close together that I don't think you could slide your hand between them!

Knock On Wood

Nice pix. Odd, but good looking git.

• Members

I've seen this technique used before. Somebody over on the electric forum posted a guy from somewhere in eastern Europe playing classical music on a doubleneck electric with similar configuration. Can't remember the URL for it though. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

I've seen this technique used before. Somebody over on the electric forum posted a guy from somewhere in eastern Europe playing classical music on a doubleneck electric with similar configuration. Can't remember the URL for it though.
:confused:

That player was Adam Fulara. :)

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by F-holes

That player was
Adam Fulara.
:)

:wave:

That's it! :o

I forgot he did Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag" too. It sounds like a player piano but the way he plays is a bit more traditional and tasteful IMO.

BTW, notice how he's got the lower frets wrapped with what looks like monetary bills (they're not dollar bills) to keep the strings semi-muted?

Archived