Guild GAD how is the quality on these?

thredlok

• Members

Originally posted by platpyus59

I have read the reviews, all glowing with praise but I find those somewhat suspect.

So anybody have one? How do they compare to the regular guilds?
:wave:

I've played several briefly, one extensively, and I think they're a very good value. Nice necks, great sound, pretty good wood selection.

Thinking about adding the GAD JF-30 to my "harem" (my wife's term ;)).

Definitely go check a few out! :thu:

• Members

One happy GAD30 owner here. Had it 2 months, so it's a little early to talk about longevity. However, the build seems good, I have discovered no problems, seems as solid built as the D4 I presently own and the D25 I owned many years ago. Sorry to have gotten rid of that one.

At the price they're selling them for, it's hard to go wrong.

• Members

I've had a GAD30R for about 6 months or so now. Its the only Guild I've ever owned, so can't compare. Excellent build quality, seems solid enough, but not overbuilt or heavy. All solid woods, including wood binding, bone nut and saddle, 1 3/4 at the nut, fast neck (though maybe could do with just a bit more profile), well set up right out of the box. Beautiful tone, responsive, good resonance, lovely in the mids and trebles, good bass. Very nice for fingerstyle. I've been doing a lot of Travis picking with it and love if for that. Not a ton of volume, but more than enough for what I'm using it for. My only quibble is with the finish, I'm not a fan of poly. But hey, for what you get for the price, I'll live with it.

Overall, I'd say it's as good as many guitars that cost much more, and certainly better than anything else I've seen in it's price range. A great value.

Archived