Ideas Needed

Belva

• Members

S6002261.jpg

S6002262.jpg

I have this case that my cordless drill came in. I'm thinking of turning this into a small pedal board. All I use is a Zoom G1X, a booster and an A/B/Y box. I plan on cutting the form fitting stuff out of the inside and working with that. I have about 15"X9"X 4" (2 on each half) of useable space.

Any ideas?

• Members

hmm you'll lose much of the rigidity with the inner layer I think, but it could be ok. Maybe go with the std high strength velcro over the inside surfaces McMaster 96055K48 $11.50/ft dual mushroom, black 3" wide with high tack adhesive that will bind to greasy vinyl based plastic, or polyethylene, whatever

• Members

I've cut out boxes like that before and its pretty much a fail.

you can give it a shot bit dont expect much. I used a razor knife and cut

the outside away on the one I had. it was a bit bigger, briefcased size.

I didnt bother with it after that. The plastic was too light and slippery to be of any

use as a pedal board. I used a briefcase for awhile too. I removed the hinge pins and

stuck removable pins there. People would bust my chops about it being a brief case and it didnt hold up very good.

I do have a zip open computer bag that works pretty good. The velcro sticks inside so I didnt have to modify anything.

I can get cables and mics in there without a problem and use a shoulder strap. Its a good mobile option as a soft bag.

You could stick a board inside and make it more stable too, but I have an older Rocktec case I bought cheap years back

that will hold 6 pedals whicg is good enough for light gigs. I leave my big double tiered studio board setup in the studio.

I may wind up dumping that since I got a midi controller designed for my rack units.

Archived