Recommendations for an affordable flamenco negra guitar?

UnderTheGroove

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Personnely I can recommand a Manuel Rodriguez model FF

Note;
There 's a huge difference between a classical guitar and a flamengo guitar.
The classical built guitars don't have the bite you need for
flamengo. (sorry for the word "bite", but I don't know the proper english/american word.)

I own both since 20+ years.

Alhambra 5-P
(payed approx euro 250,-- new in the eightees)

Manuel Rodriguez FF
(payed approx euro 500,-- new in the eightees)

Both models are still in production.

• Members

I heard great things about Raimundo negros but I never played one. I have a Raimundo blanco and it is amazing. It also only cost 360 at sam ash because they have no idea what a truley good flamenco is. In fact the guitar should be more like 900. I actually noticed it after some guy called it the worst classical ever. This story should tell you that even a negro will not be able to nail a classical sound. It will always have that flamenco bite that will take away from the usal four finger arpegiations that highlight classical playing. If you want to be able to play both I actually recoment a standad classical with a spruce top(or other bright wood). I find I can get the flamenco sound out of a classical just by using the right technic but I cannot get the classical sound out of a flamenco.

• Members
Originally posted by Flametal

). I find I can get the flamenco sound out of a classical just by using the right technic but I cannot get the classical sound out of a flamenco.

I don't know about the Raimundo, but The Rodriguez FF has an excellent classical sound as well, which is why I recommanded the Rodriguez.

Ofcourse there's also a matter of taste and you should try before buy! but to get an idea what you get;

If you compare recordings from f.i. Narciso Yepez/Julian Bream with Andres Segovia, you will notice that Segovia has a much "lighter"sound , this is what you get from a Rodriguez FF.
The deeper classical sound from f.i. Bream or Yepes, you won't get!

I didn't cheque on the prices yet, I wonder how much the Rodriguez is going for these days.

Fred

Ok, just found out that the FF models are over 1500 us $ these days, so sorry for mentioning, its'way beyond what you were asking for.,..
:(

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Originally posted by freddynl

I don't know about the Raimundo, but The Rodriguez FF has an excellent classical sound as well, which is why I recommanded the Rodriguez.

Ofcourse there's also a matter of taste and you should try before buy! but to get an idea what you get;

If you compare recordings from f.i. Narciso Yepez/Julian Bream with Andres Segovia, you will notice that Segovia has a much "lighter"sound , this is what you get from a Rodriguez FF.

The deeper classical sound from f.i. Bream or Yepes, you won't get!

I didn't cheque on the prices yet, I wonder how much the Rodriguez is going for these days.

Fred

Ok, just found out that the FF models are over 1500 us $ these days, so sorry for mentioning, its'way beyond what you were asking for.,..

:(

Thanks for the suggestion. I just played the FF at Guitar Center last night. I liked it the best of the guitars I tried in my price range. They were asking $900. I may have to get this one.

Archived