Deleted for privacy and safety reasons

jjang1993

• Members

I'm guessing it is plastic, altho it might be Tusq, a synthetic bone-like material (hard plastic). You could do a lot worse than just ordering a bone saddle directly from Bob Colosi - it will come with instructions on setting the action, and should fit perfectly. Call or e-mail Bob - in my opinion he is the man!

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/

• Members

The one I referenced is in fact TUSQ and was a decidedly noticeable improvement over the stock plastic in the Alvarez. I have found the difference between TUSQ and bone less dramatic, though have put bone saddles on some of my guitars not coming stock with bone, when readily available. I could not find a "pre-fab" bone saddle on Colosi's sight to fit and was too lazy to send mine there to have him make a bone copy, though I agree with your assessment of his work.

• Members

Originally posted by jjang1993

will this saddle work on my guitar?

does anybody know if hte radius will be the same?

what material is this saddle made out of?

It looks to be the same model as the one in the link I gave you in my first response. It fit my Alvarez, though snugly. It is made of TUSQ, which is a synthetic material intended to approach the qualities of bone.

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I have an Alvarez 2035 Silver Anniversary dreadnaught. I had an under-saddle pickup installed after i bought it and the saddle that the tech installed has never been right although it worked and the guitar was an alternate so i didn't worry about it. I had it setup for alternate tunings and some slide work so the action being a bit higher was no big deal. About a month ago i started having pickup issues so when i looked into it i noticed that the shim the tech used looked like a cut off zip tie. I thought holy crap!  No wonder the saddle always looked like it was leaning. I took out the shim and the saddle sat down in the bridge and the pickup and leaning saddle issue were gone. However, I picked up a buzz on the high E and B strings. So I decided to add a very thin shim and thats when the saddle broke just above the e position. This is a non-compensated piece of plastic (I think) that has been in the guitar since 1990 so maybe it was brittle??? It is definitely homemade and I never got the original back. Long story short I need a new saddle! Does anyone else own this guitar and have you ever had to replace the saddle, and if so do you have the correct info on it? Apparently due to it's age there isn't alot of info on it which I have found out for myself. I have already reached out to Alvarez twice.  Thank you, Dale

• jjang1993 changed the title to Deleted for privacy and safety reasons

Archived