Rack Ears for a EuroRack Mixer

UMT

• Members

Picked up a nice used mixer rack and trying to mount my EuroRack UB2442FX-Pro mixer (Behringer haters, please!) but don't have the original rack ears for the mixer and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Should be easy enough to fabricate a set. Here's the deal: I could use a strip (rail) of L shaped aluminum, which I am confident would be strong enough as even tho the mixer is now in a rack case, I still handle all my equipment gently and with plenty of care. NOTHING gets slammed around. OR: Instead of a strip of L shaped aluminum, I'm thinking I could simply buy 4 steel 'L' brackets for each side. Probably not quite as strong as the strip aluminum but probably strong enough.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

• Members

have you hit up Behringer tech support?

their US support team is out of Bothell

Didn't know that! Thanks. I just googled them and found them. However, if they are look for big bucks for a couple pieces of metal with a few holes in them, I will still fabricate my own.

• Members

Project done. Just used two pieces of L shaped 1" aluminum, drilled the holes and beefed up the bolts slightly and WALLAH!

I did call Behringer support and they referred me to Full Compass.com but they didn't have them either. Looked at those they did have for a similiar model and for 12.00 EACH plus shipping charges and having to wait for them, I spent 5.00 for the aluminum and about 2 hours time (I'm fussy) and they look as nice as the factory pieces....

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello UMT.  Great Job fabricating your rack ears for Behringer board.  I too, have recently purchased a used UB2442FX-PRO.  I am searching with no luck for rack ears.  Is there anyway you could take me thru the process that you went thru to make my own rack ears???  I am not sure where to go to buy material or exactly what material to buy.   If you have any picture, it would be worth a thousand words to me!  Thanks.  Shellsterq

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just get some metal and cut it. Rebar used in interior wall construction in office buildings can be found at any home depot and is real close to the rack ears I have. The rebar us U shaped so all you need is to trim off one side with a hacksaw saw blade in a jigsaw to make it L shaped. Then drill holes. May cost a couple of dollars tops. Rebar is cheap so its just a matter of cutting it.

Archived