Johnny Marr

• Members

The Guild GAD 50, Johnson Carolina JD26,27, Aria AD-80 or 65, and Washburn Timbercraft are all essentially the same guitar. I have played them all and own two of them.

I like the Norman ST-68 alot!!

Larrivees are fabulous.

If you are going to spend that much on a guitar.....take a day trip to play as many of them as you can.

Good luck!:wave:

• Members

The problem is going to be trying these out. My local shops only stock Simon & Patrick of the ones mentioned. . . .

Actually, S&P's are nice guitars and it's always a good idea to play a guitar prior to purchasing it. You could do much worse than to "settle" for a S&P. I seriously doubt you'll have any regrets.

• Members

I won't say they're the "best" in a given price range but the Ibanez ArtWood line has always been seriously underrated and some of their newer models like the AW800-NT are quite competitive and have received excellent user reviews. If you get a chance, look at the AW1050RLG, which is in your price range at

• Members
I won't say they're the "best" in a given price range but the Ibanez ArtWood line has always been seriously underrated and some of their newer models like the AW800-NT are quite competitive and have received excellent user reviews. If you get a chance, look at the AW1050RLG, which is in your price range at

• Members

Hello fellow englishman. . . I was in exactly the same situation about 3 weeks ago, but have got a new acoustic sorted now.

From what I can remember, the best guitar i found for that price was a Taylor 210, and the cheapest place to get one is dolphin music, or dolphin.co.uk whatever, just google it.

Also "imuso" do great deals on Taylors, or you could try thomann.de

As you live a bit further down than me, you might wanna check out regent guitars shop in leamington spa, shouldn't be too far away, and if you're lookin to spend

Archived