Why Do Kustom Sienna Amps Have So Few Reviews?

Peridon

• Members

I'm trying to decide whether to get the Kustom Sienna 35 or the Ultrasound AG-30. Did the Sienna Amps just come out? Musician's Friend does not have any written reviews at all for the Kustom Sienna 35. The Sienna amp seems to have so many extra tasty features. Is it so cheap because the amp is no good?

Peridon The Inadequate

• Members

I tried out a custom amp in a store for a few minutes and thought it sounded great for the price. I can't speak for durability, but the sound was on par with comparable fender and crate amps.

As for the Ultrasound, I owned one of the AG-30 amps. It was one of the older ones with the dark brown tolex covering though. I will say that it had a pretty decent sound and the XLR DI worked well. But I couldn't turn it up very loud at all before it distorted, even compared to other 30 watt acoustic amps. And the speaker would clip with any decent bass response. Just my experience though.

• Members

Used to own the KAA-65, the predecessor to the Sienna 65 (the 35's "big brother", basically)...the only thing I found disappointing about it was that the vinyl covering ripped kinda easy, so consider a good cover if you're going to take it places. And it was pretty heavy (and I've a spinal condition that it aggravated sometimes).

Soundwise, I really liked it a lot...a very clean sound, decent built-in FX and one of the best anti-feedback circuits I ever ran across in an acoustic amp!

I understand the Sienna 35 is every bit as nice...there was a great review in Acoustic Guitar magazine a few months ago, as I recall...

• Members

I just got a Kustom KGA10FX with a weird echo/reverb combo effect that isn't impressive, the amp sounds very good, it is very heavy for a 10 watt practice amp, so I might possibly return it and get a Vox DA-5 or microcube.

The ad said 5 pounds, but it really weighs closer to 14, really wrenched my arthritic back when the ups guy gave it to me. The tolex is a bit sloppy on mine too, It was only $59 though and you can really get some super decent tone!!!!

J

Archived