Bye Bye

Samilyn

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So let me get this straight. Art nudes that don't show breasts or genitals are sufficiently immoral to run off in a huff, but lying to children and sicking dogs on people you disagree with is ok. And it's ok to object to the nudes, but not ok to voice dissenting opinions to the objectors.

I don't think "thought police" is an overwrought metaphor under the circumstances. Some of y'all's notion of morality really scares me.

• Members

a war ?...

welp, this is Harmony Central after all.....we have a reputation to keep up. OK, the acoustic section is far more civilized in general in terms of foul language `n stuff, but theres gotta be some members here who post in both sections. Anyhow, we might have to put the outbursts down to too much nog eh. It`ll all blow over...always does.

• Members

So let me get this straight. Art nudes that don't show breasts or genitals are sufficiently immoral to run off in a huff, but lying to children and sicking dogs on people you disagree with is ok. And it's ok to object to the nudes, but not ok to voice dissenting opinions to the objectors.

I don't think "thought police" is an overwrought metaphor under the circumstances. Some of y'all's notion of morality really scares me.

drnihili, it seems that you take your signature, "There is no right not to be offended." as some sort of call for you to be offensive. This has been a pretty consistent pattern with you. I am not sure that you are even aware of how personally insulting your words often are. Perhaps you get so caught up in your point of view, which by the way is every bit as self-righteous as the points of view you attack as being self-righteous, that you just don't monitor your hostility. I have held my tongue up till now but enough is enough.

• Members

I'd like to make the observation that opuses are incredibly lame and rarely

followed through on.

Nice Avatar. I like drnihili's vegetable one better though. (I hope those are vegetables) And I think someone needs to call the Karma Police cause I'm pretty certain some of us are racking up charges left and right.:cop:

Edit: I was being sarcastic, your avatar is stupid. Not stupid 'stupid' like mine, but stupid to post in this thread.

• Members

Nice Avatar. I like drnihili's vegetable one better though. (I hope those are vegetables) And I think someone needs to call the
Karma Police
cause I'm pretty certain some of us are racking up charges left and right.
:cop:

Edit: I was being sarcastic, your avatar is stupid. Not stupid 'stupid' like mine, but stupid to post in this thread.

Oh dear, cut to the quick.:rolleyes: If people want to live in denial of the beauty of

the female body, they ought don a burkah and live in Pakistan under Sharia

law.

• Members

I've got nothing against the female body, on the contrary, I just think that the conversations in this particular thread are aimed directly at avatars like yours. And that is the beauty of the female body spread eagle facing the business end of a whirlpool jet, at least that's what I see. And burkahs can be very sexy. If used in the proper context, like off.

• Members

I've got nothing against the female body, on the contrary, I just think that the conversations in this particular thread are aimed directly at avatars like yours. And that is the beauty of the female body spread eagle facing the business end of a whirlpool jet, at least that's what I see. And burkahs can be very sexy. If used in the proper context, like off.

My original point holds true. People who post opuses on internet forums are

attention whores, with no intention of leaving. This thread needed some

artful trolling, anyway.

• Members

Oh. Gotcha. I usually would agree, but alas, Samilyn is a nice lady, no real opus there. But when I finally post my opus on leaving (regarding Knockwood's avatar, he knows that my good friend was killed by a lion when attempting to buy a Guild GAD Jf-30) I hope that you will indeed comment.

• Members

Oh. Gotcha. I usually would agree, but alas, Samilyn is a nice lady, no real opus there. But when I finally post my opus on leaving (regarding Knockwood's avatar, he knows that my good friend was killed by a lion when attempting to buy a Guild GAD Jf-30) I hope that you will indeed comment.

I will indeed offer you a half-hearted farewell and await your imminent and

predictable return.:poke:

• Members

That thing with avatars...

I enjoy Minitruth's posts on the HCEG... I just dislike his avatar... (Sorry Minitruth! Try to understand me!)

The way it makes me feel (it might be the same thing for other women, I don't know) is like if my boyfriend would go out every night to see naked girls in a club! I would hear a little voice in my head telling me:" why do you stand this? You don't like yourself don't you??? ... Otherwise you wouldn't do "that" (the fact that you accept the situation) to yourself!"

• Members

Personally, I feel that if you don't want your little tyke's eyes soiled,

you ought to lock them in a closet, while you browse the internets.

That way their dubious little integrity won't be compromised.

Anything for teh childrunz, don't you know.
:rolleyes:

That's the thing...

Too many pretty things in life to close my eyes or to close every children's eyes!

That's why people talk and try to make things better!

And don't worry avatars don't stop me from sleeping... or posting here!

:wave:

• Members

well, I've been in Montreal for several days and missed all the commotion. It's about time somebody said what needs to be said around here, and I salute you for saying it, Samilyn. The reason this forum is 98% male is, in part due to the offensive avatars and sigs in this place. Any one who suggests this might be the case generally gets hooted out of here and accused of censorship, hall monitor, insult du jour.

Yeah, I know, I don't have the right not to be offended. True, true.

But one of the costs of this is you get a higher percentage of juvenile members of the lowest common denominator;teenyboppers juiced on an overdose of testosterone demanding the right to "express their artistic selves".

Well, isn't that spatial.

All I know is the other forums I hang at don't allow this crap and they have a more "balanced" mix of members.

So, now I'm told that the solution is to inform the person who feels offended on how to turn this off and that off and block this member and that member. But by the time they have expressed their opinion that they are offended by some of the avatars & sigs, a dozen others are outraged by someone calling their personal expression into question.

You don't want the moderators to do it; you don't even want the membership to have an opinion on it. Cries of "hall monitor"go up instantly.

OK, I see...

But how many would-be members with much to contribute stop by for a visit see this schlock, and simply move on never to return?

You have the right to run this forum into the ground and devolve in your own miasma. And apparently no one has the right to stop you. Congratulations. I can only imagine your pride.

• Members

well, I've been in Montreal for several days and missed all the commotion. It's about time somebody said what needs to be said around here, and I salute you for saying it, Samilyn. The reason this forum is 98% male is,
in part
due to the offensive avatars and sigs in this place. Any one who suggests this might be the case generally gets hooted out of here and accused of censorship, hall monitor, insult du jour.

But one of the costs of this is you get a higher percentage of juvenile members of the lowest common denominator;teenyboppers juiced on an overdose of testosterone demanding the right to "express their artistic selves".

All I know is the other forums I hang at don't allow this crap and they have a more "balanced" mix of members.

So, now I'm told that the solution is to inform the person who feels offended on how to turn this off and that off and block this member and that member. But by the time they have expressed their opinion that they are offended by some of the avatars & sigs, a dozen others are outraged by someone calling their personal expression into question.

You don't want the moderators to do it; you don't even want the membership to have an opinion on it. Cries of "hall monitor"go up instantly.

OK, I see...

But how many would-be members with much to contribute stop by for a visit see this schlock, and simply move on never to return?

You have the right to run this forum into the ground and devolve in your own miasma. And apparently no one has the right to stop you. Congratulations. I can only imagine your pride.

Internets is teh serious bidness!!1!!!

oh_shit.jpg

• Members

well, I've been in Montreal for several days and missed all the commotion. It's about time somebody said what needs to be said around here, and I salute you for saying it, Samilyn. The reason this forum is 98% male is,
in part
due to the offensive avatars and sigs in this place. Any one who suggests this might be the case generally gets hooted out of here and accused of censorship, hall monitor, insult du jour.

OK, I see...

Well said. :thu:

Bill

Archived