Saddle size for typical Martin bridge?

kwakatak

• Members

I think it's time I had my "lawsuit" Takamine set up with a new bone saddle and higher action so I've been perusing Bob Colosi's website (www.guitarsaddles.com) to see which saddle would best fit my old F-360. The only Takamine saddle he lists on hit products page is the newer split saddle though, so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I don't want to have to send him my existing saddle, which is plastic with a compensated B-string, though I think I do have the old non-compensated plastic one laying in the case. Given that my Tak is so closely modeled after a Martin dread I'm wondering if it has the same sized saddle as the standard Martin drop-in variety listed on Colosi's site. There are no dimensions listed on that site though.

Do any of you Martin folks have those specs on-hand? Even better, do any of you fellow "lawsuit" Tak owners have the specs to your saddles handy?

FYI: here's a close-up of the bridge/saddle in question:

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7669980?pos=top

• Members

Neil, the normal drop in Martin saddle is 4-1/4 by 25/64 by 3/32 (thick). But if you call or e-mail Bob directly I'll bet he'll know - he knows
everything
about saddles.

Thanks, Freeman. I'm gonna email him tomorrow.

Until then I've done some measurements of my Tak's saddle and bridge. The saddle is 3/32" by 2.75" wide. I don't know the height because I didn't remove it from the slot. Looking at the Martin-style bridges at www.stewmac.com mine looks to be similar but not 100% exact: my saddle slot is 2/32" shorter.

• Members

Bump.

I posed this question over at the UMGF and to my surprise somebody pointed out that my Tak originally came with a bone saddle AND nut. An inspection of the nut confirms it - I can see the same slight striping in the nut that is on the bone saddle I put on my Larrivee shortly after acquiring it. I had a new plastic saddle installed in the Tak a couple of years ago because the old one wasn't compensated. I still have that saddle but it's in no condition to be reinstalled.

I still need to get in touch with Bob Colosi concerning the measurements though.

Archived